Requisition ID: PRO017530
**Please note: this posting is being used to pipeline candidates for future openings
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Vaccine Process Development andCommercialization (V-PDC) group within the Merck Manufacturing Division (MMD)focuses on late stage process development, technology transfer, and in-linesupport of vaccine products. We seek a motivated scientist/engineer towork under technical direction of a group leader to support development andlicensure of novel vaccine candidates and in-line products.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
1) Functioningas a key member of the process development team through executing lab-scaleprocess development, in-process assay support, and process scale-up orscale-down of cell culture/fermentation (upstream) and/or purification(downstream) process unit operations.
2) Functioningas a key team member to collaborate with commercial manufacturing teams tosupport facility start-up activities and provide on-the-floor support fordrug substance manufacturing, both within the Merck network and at contractmanufacturing organizations (CMOs).
3) Executingassignments against accelerated, critical-path timelines in aright-first-time manner.
4) Authoringtechnical documents to support Process Performance Qualification (PPQ) andlicensure.
5) Participating in technicalsupport activities for licensed vaccines, as needed.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Bachelors Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or comparable discipline
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Experience with upstream lab or pilot-scale microbial or cell culture process (fermenters, bioreactors, static cell culture) and/or experience with large molecule purification (chromatography, filtration, centrifugation).
Experience with process development in a laboratory setting.
Experience within pilot-scale, or manufacturing environment.
Experience authoring technical documentation to support regulatory submissions.
Experience with large molecule commercialization (facility start-up, technology transfer).
Experience with large molecule manufacturing and on-the-floor manufacturing support.
Experience with large molecule assay development and execution (HPLC, UPLC, MS).
Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team and execute against key commitments
Strong problem solving and communication skills.
EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Process Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings:Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: Biosafety level 2 organisms
Company Trade Name: Merck