VIP Alexandria Magazine is a social/lifestyle magazine that explores + features the people who live, work + play in our community. It is a complimentary publication, printed on high-quality paper with a soft-touch cover and 10,000 copies will be distributed monthly beginning in October 2019.
65% of our magazine allows us to place a spotlight on local events, which is why our photography team is so important! We are currently seeking to add THREE photographers to our team.
How it works:
1. Review the list of upcoming events/locations/times and let us know what events you are interested in covering
2. Receive your official event assignments via email - respond to accept
3. Attend the event, dressed professionally, with your personal photography equipment and either a voice recording device or notepad/pen to document captions for each image.
4. Locate your contact at the event for a quote.
5. Write a short 100 word story about the event, including the quote.
6. Save all images with the caption as the file name.
7. Submit story + images via VIP Dropbox
8. Receive a paycheck every 2 weeks for a job well done (plus credit in the magazine)
Event photographers MUST be available to work most weekends, as many events occur on Saturdays and Sundays. Event photographers must own their own photography equipment (including DSLR, memory cards, external flash and computer) + have their own, reliable mode of transportation. Mileage and parking are NOT reimbursable, which is why a photographer local to Alexandria would be optimal.
Photographers are compensated $50-$75 per event, depending on the number of images requested. (10-15 images = $50, 20-25 images = $75). A $150 bonus is paid to the photographer who lands the cover each month and additional compensation is paid, as needed, for home shoots, fashion shoots and more!
To be considered please submit your cover letter, resume & link to your online portfolio. Any applications that do not include one of these items will NOT be considered. Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will be unable to respond to everyone.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $75.00 /hour
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: