Full Job Description
Goldberg Segalla, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm with a national and international practice, seeks a Workers' Compensation Legal Support in its Chicago office to coordinate workflow for subpoenas, depositions, and IME scheduling.
- Send subpoenas by researching where to send, the instructional letter, requesting checks for statutory fees
- Maintain subpoena records with 100% accuracy
- Communicate with vendors to ensure response on subpoenas sent
- Coordinate depositions between all parties
- Coordinate IME scheduling
- Supporting legal assistants and attorneys as needed
- Date entry into Law Base
- Able to learn and understand electronic filing in Federal and State Court
- Proofreads documents and checks for appropriate formatting, spelling, and grammar.
- Receive, open, prioritize and distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare materials for distribution via U.S. mail, fax, courier, messenger, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of client information in accordance with the firm policies.
- Interacts professionally with clients, attorneys, paralegals, secretaries, all other staff and other representatives outside of the firm.
- Ability to handle pressure, interruptions and multiple projects with frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
- 1-3 years in an office environment where you communicated with outside parties and coordinated actions required to complete workflow
- The ideal candidate should be motivated by the goal of becoming a long-term asset within the organization.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Goldberg Segalla is one of the largest and fastest-growing law firms headquartered in the United States, with a footprint that reaches from Los Angeles to London. Its more than 400 attorneys serve regional, national, and international clients from over 20 offices, with teams based in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami, St. Louis, and other major business and economic centers across 10 states. We look to hire only those people who are excellent at what they do and are dedicated to the pursuit of client service and quality representation within a Best Practices framework. We value team-spiritedness, collegiality, and interpersonal harmony within our working community. We are a firm that believes in diversity in the workplace and we offer a professional and positive work environment to each and every member of our team.