Scope of Position The Overnight Manager on Duty is responsible to provide a superior level of personalized service by ensuring every need, request, and desire of our guests is fulfilled with the utmost care, professionalism and dedication. This position is responsible for all hotel operations during the overnight shift hours, focusing on Front Office operations, night audit and hotel safety and security.
- At least 2 years of progressive management experience in a hotel preferred
- Previous Guest Relations and Front Office experience in a hotel required
- College degree or equivalent required, preferably in Hotel Management
- Possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and responding to the concerns and issues raised by guests and members
- Use basic computer hardware and software. A good knowledge of word, excel, Outlook, power point, etc.;
- Approach all encounters with guests, employees, and members in a professional and personalized manner.
- Resolve any and all guest concerns to conclusion including working with other departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure department compliance with the JW Marriott Turnberry Miami Resort and Spa policies, procedures and programs.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of all guest and member information and pertinent resort data, as well as the security of high profile guests or members in accordance with resort standards.
- Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when over capacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. This effort must be coordinated with the Director of Front Office and/or Manager on Duty prior to shift start.
- Serve as general guest information source. Act as a salesperson for JW Marriott Turnberry Miami Resort & Spa.
- Actively participate in daily briefings and meetings.
- Expected to conduct oneself in a discrete manner in all guest areas.
- Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside one’s department when called upon.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent or GED; 4 years’ experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping or related professional area.
- 2 year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping or related professional area. Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when over capacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. This effort must be coordinated with the Front Office Manager and/or Manager on Duty prior to shift start.
Skills and Abilities • Ability to communicate in the English language. Second language is a plus.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends and able to perform multiple tasks.
- Experience using software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to push / pull 50 Lbs
- Ability to lift 25 Lbs
- Think clearly in high stress and intense situations
- Ability to multi task and give direction under pressure
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Work in areas of high heat and humidity