As the Director, Marketing, Strategy and Planning, you are in a unique position to work closely across a variety of cross functional teams, including other Marketing teams, Merchandising, Digital, and various centers of excellence to drive fully integrated sales and marketing solutions. This role requires a unique blend of deep analytical skills and a strategic mindset to bring together various qualitative and quantitative data sources to understand the consumer shifts and drive that into focus areas for Marketing prioritization.
The Director will be the primary relationship lead for the insights and analytics teams to assess consumer brand health metrics and performance based Marketing analytics on an ongoing basis and will be the champion for continually progressive thinking.
A core area of responsibility for the team will be to draft executive level presentations of annual Marketing plans and strategies, along with quarterly business reviews, gathering information from various peer teams and presenting a cohesive strategy.
Additionally, this individual will be knowledgeable and interested in the evolving Marketing technology space to continue to evolve the thinking and prioritization of Marketing technology investments.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
- Own and drive medium and long-term strategy projects across various functional areas, looking across various Marketing focus areas to identify connects channel effectiveness opportunities, spend allocation, customer analysis, etc. to get to a cohesive learning agenda
- Working closely with the VP, Marketing, Front Store, draft the annual Marketing plan and gain alignment across a number of peer stakeholders and the Retail Leadership team
- Report out on weekly Marketing activity in market, across teams – act as the primary point of contact with various reporting and analytics teams
- Evolve the capabilities in analyzing trends in real time and/or mechanisms in order to push insights to leadership in a timely fashion
- Support the strategic planning process by developing competitive forecasts and analyses
- Partner with the Insights/Research team to enrich the strategic value of analytics and insights
- Partner with and manage external vendors and consultants when necessary
- Lead the ongoing assessment of brand health metrics for our retail front store, in close partnership with the Insights team
- Identify, create, and distribute monthly updates on Marketing activity, performance, and go forward plans – in partnership with the various Marketing leaders
- Measurement - Aligns with business partners and Customer Analytics on KPIs. Partners with Customer Analytics to establish program measurement plans and reporting.
- Acts as an internal consultant to the other Marketing leaders in the department
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred. Ideally, an MBA.
- 8+ years of marketing experience with a strong foundation of business, retailer, and consumer understanding.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience in Retail/CPG preferred
- Expert in Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to develop compelling strategic narratives and present findings to Sr. Leadership
- Strategic thinker, with a demonstrable understanding of marketing & sales mechanics
- Understanding of advanced analytic techniques, BI tools, and data visualization software (IBM Cognos and/or Tableau preferred)
- Strong project management, communication, and strategic thinking skills
- Strong technical acumen and experience
- Proven track record of the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external business partners in delivery ROI positive results.
- Intellectual curiosity and rigorous analytical experience and a strong familiarity with the digital environment
- Self-motivated, high capacity individual who can function and win in a demanding, performance-driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills that can be effectively articulated in both written and oral forms across a diverse audience base.
- Creative problem solver who can incorporate new learnings into existing plans and act decisively and independently.
- Proficient in use of key financial metrics/ratios to evaluate business cases
- Proven ability to inspire, collaborate with, and influence business partners
- Proven ability to analyze data and develop actionable insights
- 6+ years of cross-functional leadership experience.
- 4+ years of retail marketing or retail agency/strategy experience.
- Management consulting experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred. Ideally, an MBA. gh School diploma or GED is required.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.