The Help Desk Support Specialist - Senior will provide front-line Service Desk functions and activities. Acting as the single point of contact for nationally dispersed customers; the Service Desk Support Specialist will provide high quality customer care with every interaction by successfully applying effective customer service, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, accurate call-handling procedures, incident management, communication skills, and standard operating procedures.
Primary work location will be in Washington, DC. There may be some occasional required travel to Reston, VA.
End user application support including:
- Intermediate level of experience with Active Directory, Windows Server and Workstation operating systems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and basic commands to resolve network connectivity issues for end users.
- Basic level of experience with DHCP (reserving IP addresses and creating static IPs).
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Configuration Manager Console (SCCM) and client deployments.
- Familiarity with Google Apps/Gmail & Microsoft Outlook.
- Utilize remote tools to support remote users.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and provide solutions to end-user problems involving workstations, laptops, tablets, smart phones and standard software/applications
- Respond to issues and requests over the phone, via email or in person
- Manage file servers, create shared drives and set user permissions
- Manage print servers, install devices, and modify login scripts
- Install and troubleshoot network printers, local printers and scanners as well as other end user peripherals
- Follow up with End Users ensuring their issues and requests are resolved
- Utilize standard ITSM tool to log, manage and track user issues, requests and meet SLAs
- Contribute to SOPs and Knowledge Base articles
- Utilize reporting tools and run reports
- Work on and complete projects as assigned
- Password reset
- General support questions.
- Application usage.
- Deliver support to end users about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives.
- Solid troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency with mainstream commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and others.
- Image, encrypt and deploy workstations (desktops & laptops) for end users.
- Install and troubleshoot network printers, local printers, scanners and other peripherals.
- Manage file servers; create shared drives, set user permissions.
- Experience configuring mobile devices and tablets i.e. iPhone, iPad & Android.
- Support and troubleshoot networking, wireless, hardware, software, and mobile devices and technologies.
- Provide quick, responsive, high quality and consistent technical support and customer service.
- Consider broad-based issues and offer alternative solutions to users.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and remediate incidents to quickly restore normal service operations.
- Manage requests/incidents using a centralized service management system.
- Read, write, interpret and/or verbally communicate to solicit or explain complex or technical information.
- Maintain effective customer communications, relations and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Keep customers productive and performing at the highest possible level possible.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
MAC OS X, Desktop Imaging.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- COMPTIA A+ required
- HDI Certification required (can obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- COMPTIA Network+ preferred
Must be customer focused, a team player, and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- 3-5 years of experience in an enterprise customer support calls / service center environment.
- Ability to obtain Government Security Clearance.
Ability to lift approximately 50lbs
NuAxis is an IT Services firm providing innovative solutions to the U.S. Federal Government using state of the art technologies, architectures, and life cycle management. We are a Certified Microsoft Partner with extensive Microsoft technologies experience. Our services portfolio includes Project Management, Application Development, Infrastructure Management, and Security Management. We offer competitive salaries, an attractive benefits package, and the opportunity to learn from experts.
High technology small business with long-standing U.S. Federal Government experience * Visionary executive leadership * Expert professional services team comprised of highly skilled engineers and software developers * Rapid growth over the last several years
NuAxis Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/ W/M/IWD/PV. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation