Location: Fort Bragg Military Base, North Carolina
About Croop-LaFrance, Inc
Croop-LaFrance is a privately held, New York State minority-certified company founded in 1995 and located in Verona, NY. In 2015, Croop-LaFrance was acquired by Oneida Technical Solutions, an 8(a)-certified IT firm owned by the Oneida Indian Nation.
Croop-LaFrance is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
- Provide organizational support to enable the effective and efficient transfer of data through physical and wireless transmission. Proficient with all forms of communications wire and cable, wireless technologies, and network layer devices.
- Drafts, manages, distributes information, and maintains records concerning network outages, planned and unplanned.
- Draft and update network diagrams and visual representations for both logical and physical aspects of the high/low networks through the use of such tools as Microsoft Visio.
- Proficiently assists in the management of routers, switches and other network layer devices
- Has a working knowledge Cisco operating system.
- Has a working knowledge of scripting and able to author and execute as required.
- Provides for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and accountability of Generation-II (GEN-II) or newly acquired wireless systems when necessary.
- Develops wireless network coverage maps through use of such tools as Flying Squirrel or other authorized mapping programs.
- Basic experience with fiber optic communications.
- Capable of testing the validity of communication links, to include fiber optic cables, network drops, etc. and provide expertise on remediating failed connections.
- Recommends improvements to wireless network, and availability and implements as directed.
- Provides management of Tactical Local Area Network Encryption (TACLANE) or other network encryption devices to include the maintenance, programing, and keying as required.
- Provides technical support for Video Teleconference Equipment to include products from Tandberg, Polycom or others on hand or acquired.
- Circuit management
- Management of Internet Protocol (IP) address book and use of IP addresses within network.
- Provides assistance with VoIP / VoIP SIP as needed.
- Troubleshoot network outages, provides technical feedback and expertise to remediate conflicts.
- Assists with the Enclave Non-classified Internet Protocol Router Network Firewall and Automated Security Incident Management Sustainment (ENFAAS) program.
- Must possess IAT II (Security+) DoD 8570 certification. **
- Industry certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, etc.) preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Visio, Flying Squirrel and/or similar drawing and mapping software.
- Must possess a minimum SECRET security clearance. **
Job Type: Full-time
- Visio: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- CompTIA Security+ (Required)
- IAT (Preferred)