The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is currently recruiting for a Legal Administrative Assistant, to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Legal Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide support to five or more attorneys in the Supply Chain & Procurement Legal Group, who focus on a variety of transactional matters, including within the areas of IT, professional services and real estate.
- This position requires a combination of administrative responsibilities and substantive paralegal support on certain J&J transactions.
- Administrative duties would include: monitoring telephone calls and messages; creating and maintaining calendar appointments; organizing travel plans and processing expense reimbursements; receiving and directing visitors; scanning documents; handling incoming and outgoing mail; maintaining supplies; and providing backup coverage to other administrative desks.
- Paralegal support may include: contract creation, review and revision, and maintaining contract templates and other written materials. Contact may be internal or external and at any level. The reporting relationship for this role and the responsibilities included in this job description are subject to change as business needs require.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an office support environment is required
- An Associate's or Bachelor’s degree and Paralegal Certificate is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a corporate law department, law firm or with creating, reviewing and revising contracts or other legal documents is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and intermediate to advanced Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Experience with iManage or other document management platforms, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Word Track Changes functionality, Workshare or other document comparison software would be helpful.
- The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to exercise good judgment, be a self-starter and work well independently. Excellent communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the proven ability to multi-task and prioritize are also required.
- A standout colleague with an interest in learning about J&J transactional work and becoming a valued member of the SC&P Legal Team would be successful in this role.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)