Summer 2020 - Robotics Engineering - Intern
Samsung Research America (SRA)
Artificial Intelligence Center
New York, New York
Samsung is building a new, forward-looking AI Research lab located in New York, NY, that will conduct fundamental research at the intersection of AI, robotics, and neuroscience. Our team is composed of world experts who collaborate with leading academic groups to create both innovative theories and state-of-the-art technological demonstrations that engender pioneering products and applications for Samsung Electronics over both long and short time scales. We are currently seeking individuals who share our passion and motivation to advance fundamental science and create revolutionary technological prototypes. Team members will have the intellectual freedom to cultivate their research roots by partnering with universities and publishing in leading scientific conferences and journals.
The Samsung AI Center works on a number of intelligent robotic systems, with a particular focus on robotic grasping and tactile sensing. Robotics Engineering Interns will solve difficult design and control challenges for these systems, addressing problems in real-time perception, decision-making, high-dimensional planning, and robust motor control. Interns will work closely with Research Engineers and Research Scientists to conduct state-of-the-art robotics research, and will be given significant ownership and independence in project selection and direction.
- Candidates must be pursuing or have completed a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Expertise with robot systems and autonomy.
- Experience with mechanical design preferred.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following:
- C, C++, Python, and/or functional programming languages.
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Motivation to learn and expand knowledge of intelligent robotic systems.
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.