Full-time • Regular • Competitive Pay• Excellent benefits • Work from anywhere in continental U.S.
MoveOn.org is a community of millions of members working together to create progressive change in America. We organize to challenge entrenched power and push back against right-wing policies, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice.
MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement that will give voters something to vote for, not just against—and we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women. In service of that mission, in 2019 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multi-channel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
One of the most powerful tools at our disposal is our petitions platform. This distributed, online campaigning platform gives members the tools needed to start campaigns on the things that matter the most to them at a state, local, and national level. It also creates a powerful, nuanced listening tool that lets us identify and elevate powerful, unexpected campaigns that deeply engage members. identify, optimize, and elevate strong member-led campaigns that will turn into impactful, inspiring moments
Platform Campaign Manager
To enable this work, we are seeking a rapid-response campaigner who will ensure that our tools are extending the reach of MoveOn member grassroots organizing and winning campaigns across the country. The Platform Campaign Manager will serve as the primary person responsible for monitoring, adjusting, and refining our scaled platform systems as the Platform Campaign Manager.
Required skills and experience:
- Work with our state-of-the-art tools to find the most impactful, creative, member-led petitions and help transform them into winning campaigns.Engage in rapid-response campaigning to identify and elevate timely grassroots campaigns within the news cycle.
- Maintain a strong petition platform that surfaces a broad range of member campaigns and responds to campaigning opportunities.
- Elevate the strongest or most newsworthy campaigns via email, social media, and other creative tactics.
- Develop tactics, tools, and processes to quickly identify and elevate campaigns and bring in new, aligned members who will build the progressive movement.
- Step in to support other powerful campaigning across the organization during crucial campaign moments.
- Regularly write clear, compelling, sharable, and creative emails and petition language that inspire people to support progressive campaigns.
- Serve as a primary contact to diverse community of MoveOn members who seek advice on leveraging digital resources in service of their campaigns.
- Deep understanding of people-powered organizing and how to execute strategic, winning campaigns while listening to member-voices
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in both field and digital organizing spaces.
- Commitment to listening to and empowering grassroots activists and being in service to communities on the front lines of GOP attacks.
- Attention to detail and an affinity for creating scalable solutions
- Willingness to fail fast, learn from failure, and adapt
- Commitment to racial and social justice and an understanding of organizational equity
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn about all issues big and small—from national tax legislation to local anti-discrimination laws
- Comfort in learning the suite of MoveOn technology tools—including, but not limited to, our petitions platform, email system, and database—and to keep learning as new tools come into existence or as you devise new tactics.
- Social media savvy; experience amplifying campaigns on mobile or social media
Anywhere in the continental U.S.—MoveOn operates on a virtual office model, collaborating online.
We will begin reviewing applications on Oct 22, 2018.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits:
Full-time, temporary; highly competitive salary, including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month, 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month; and reimbursement of home office expenses and enrollment in our retirement savings account after 6 months of employment.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.