Paralegal position within the Local Markets Legal group that will provide legal and regulatory support to advance the business interests of the Company.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Exciting opportunity to join and support Aetna's operations across the country as a paralegal in Aetna's Local Markets Legal group.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Fundamental Components:Under the direction and supervision of an attorney:
- Conducts legal research and assists counsel in interpreting and advising on state and federal laws, regulations, and other legal authorities impacting healthcare business units, including insurance law, ERISA, and HIPAA.
- Assists with interpretation of business/operational changes that may have regulatory impact, and assists with preparation of any associated regulatory filings.
- Conducts investigative/fact-finding research and analysis regarding issues impacting healthcare business units (e.g., state/regulatory inquiries, provider/claim disputes/settlements, member appeals, etc.)
- Assists counsel and other internal constituents with interpretation of company policy.
- Works closely with, and provides advice to, business partners and other internal stakeholders on legal and regulatory matters.
- Applies knowledge of laws/regulations, considers business goals, plans, and priorities, and uses company-wide resources and personnel to assist in resolution of internal and external inquiries, issues, and disputes.
- For larger projects, may help develop or project-manage procedures, processes, or guidelines to support business units and to identify and implement ways to streamline practices and increase efficiency.
- May facilitate communications with outside counsel, regulators, and state agencies relating to issues impacting business units.
- Analyzes, summarizes, and/or drafts legal documents.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
At least 4 years of Paralegal,
relevant legal and business experience, including demonstrated proficiency in specific practice area(s), with at least 2 years experience in healthcare / Insurance / Managed Care litigation.
Demonstrated command or mastery of paralegal subject matter.
Demonstrated analytical ability, communications skills, judgment, integrity and organizational skills in managing cases, projects and assignments.
Associates Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate from an accredited ABA program preferred. Bachelors degree a plus.
Functional - Legal/Compliance - Healthcare / Insurance / Managed Care litigation 2+ years a MUST
Functional - Legal/Compliance - law searches/4-6 Years
Functional - Legal/Compliance - state/federal legislation implementation/4-6 Years
Functional - Legal/Compliance - state reviews/4-6 Years
Functional - Legal/Compliance - investigation/4-6 Years
Functional - Administration / Operations/Document production & distribution/4-6 Years
Leadership/Collaborating for Results/ADVANCED
Leadership/Driving a Culture of Compliance/ADVANCED
Service/Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs/ADVANCED
Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft SharePoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Subject Discipline - Knowledge Management
Legal - Paralegal Certificate
Potential Telework Position:
Percent of Travel Required:
0 - 10%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.