Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
MSC is searching for a Online Production Editor to join our team at NIH. This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with MSC and it is on-site at the NIH in Rockville, MD. For consideration, please include a cover letter.
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years experience in publishing or library science environment.
- Familiarity with online publications, specifically electronic journals or books.
- Positive attitude; displays flexibility and patience in a high-volume work environment.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at once.
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information effectively to publishers,
developers, and data providers.
- Ability to conduct data analysis and work with developers to implement solutions.
- Ability to work with complex, detailed information.
- Knowledge of XML and/or HTML.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- At least one item from the “Desired Skills” list.
- Experience managing production workflow of an online publication.
- Expertise with electronic image formats (TIFF, GIF, JPEG, EPS, PNG) and with image
creation software (for example, Adobe Photoshop).
- Experience editing journal or book content or in journal or book production.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux in a data production environment.
- Process content and load to database using web based tools and UNIX scripts.
- Check accuracy and integrity of source data and online presentation of content.
- Conduct data analysis and troubleshoot errors; coordinate with appropriate personnel to
solve programming and content-related issues.
- Track incoming content and the progress of work on multiple projects in development or
- Answer helpdesk queries from users.
- Serve as a liaison between authors, publishers, and/or vendors and the NLM.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.