Under the general direction of the SMH Division Director, SMH Associate Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the SMH Adult Programs, provides clinical guidance to all Specialty Mental Health programs for continuous improvement, supervises the SMH Clinical Managers and in general assists the SMH Division Director to administer the AHS’ Specialty Mental Health Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide leadership and supervision of day to day operations of all adult programs
2. Recruitment, training, and retention of program staff, particularly in adult programs.
3. Identifies the needs of staff, plans for and implements continuing education efforts
4. Provides for the management and supervision for interns and volunteers used in the programs, including relationships with educational institutions and fieldwork programs.
5. Provide clinical consultation to clinical managers, supervisors, and program staff.
6. Interaction with community partners and academic/other collaborations
7. Prepare program-specific program analysis
8. Assist the SMH Director in the expansion and development of new service lines including diversification of payers and array of services. Assist with grant writing.
9. Assist the SMH Director in coordinating and administering SMH procedures for risk identification, investigation, and reduction; ensures that pertinent patient data relative to claims is accurate, available and secure; and coordinates and oversees the division’s Quality Improvement processes.
10. Other duties that the supervisor might require.
1. Manages the day to day supervision and scheduling of clinical managers and directors of major program areas; conducts regular performance evaluations and fosters staff professional growth. In consultation with the SMH directors and Human Resources recommends and carries out performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions, and dismissals, as may be needed. Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new clinicians and clinical managers.
1. Minimum of two years of administrative, operation, management, and supervisory experience
1. Minimum of M.A./M.S in Behavioral Sciences
2. Bilingual and bicultural preferred.
3. Minimum of two years' clinical experience in Speciality Mental Health Post Master degree
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Must have a valid California license in one of the following, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage Family Therapist or Pyschologist
Medical, Dental, Vision premiums 100% paid by AHS
12 Vacation Days
12 Sick Days
11 Holidays and two Floating Holidays
3% 403B Employer Contributions and up to 2% Employee Match Contribution
Transportation Benefit Paid by AHS
FSA/Dependent Care Assistance
Long Term Disability