- Washington, DC Metro Area
- Egg Harbor Township, NJ
- Other locations also possible
Be at the forefront of innovating information security methodologies in the aviation domain! Use your expertise in advanced information security concepts to work with a global community of information security experts within the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) to develop new strategies to ensure data integrity in an asynchronous, distributed global network of aviation data. Work closely with engineers and software developers to prototype such capabilities in an Enterprise Messaging Service (EMS) cloud environment with JMS and AMQP protocols, and plan simulations to demonstrate the capabilities.
Concepts Beyond provides Information Security; Data Analytics and related technologies including IoT, Big Data, Cloud; Systems Engineering; Aviation expertise for advanced Air Traffic Management concepts.
NOTE: This is NOT a position to ensure compliance of information technology systems with existing info assurance policies & procedures; this is a position to innovate new cybersecurity mechanisms.
- Research, analyze, and provide expertise on new, innovative information security solutions in an environment with rapidly advancing technologies and concepts.
- Provide technical expertise to prototyping proofs of concept of security functions using Java and tools such as Docusign Security Appliance, Carillion SCVP, Bouncy Castle Crypto APIs.
- Collaborate and contribute to global community of security experts to build international consensus on security approaches and ensure interoperability.
- Understand various Enterprise Messaging Service (EMS) protocols such as JMS and AMQP and devise innovative methods to ensure end-to-end security (Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability) between producers and consumers.
- Develop technical papers such as architecture & design documents, plans, conference papers, and working papers for international community.
- Participate on panels and provide presentations, speeches on innovative cybersecurity topics in aviation.
- Initiate activities and lead working groups, technical information meetings, etc.
- BS or higher in an engineering or equivalent technical field from a US accredited institution.
- 15+ years professional engineering experience (advanced degrees may be substituted).
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in cybersecurity concepts, technologies, and methodologies such as end-to-end security and developing information security solutions, especially relating to encryption, key management, hashes, and cyphers.
- Be innovative and devise new concepts for information security.
- Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
Additional Desired Skills
- Security certification such as CISSP or other relevant certs in information security or advanced graduate degrees highly desired.
- Knowledgeable in cloud architectures such as AWS and enterprise messaging services (EMS).
- Knowledgeable in security standards and governance such as NIST.
- Published papers in information security journals or conferences.
- Experience in software development, especially Java, C#, C++.
- Knowledgeable in FAA security processes and related infrastructure.
Position Type: Full Time
Compensation: Competitive Salary commensurate with education and experience, plus performance bonuses.
Keywords: Information Security, Security Engineering, Data Integrity, Cybersecurity, Encryption, Docusign, Bouncy Castle, Message Exchange, Key Management, Aviation, System Engineering, FAA, NextGen
Job Type: Full-time
- Information Security: 3 years (Preferred)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA): 1 year (Preferred)