Core Java Engineer
**Note: this is a 90 day contract to hire - W2 only; we are not able to support C2C**
Resource Solutions is working in partnership with JP Morgan Chase, one of the oldest financial institutions in the United States. With a history dating back over 200 years, and a presence in over 100 markets, JP Morgan Chase employs over 250,000 people globally.
The Core Java Software Engineer within JPMC, Chase Consumer and Community Banking – Operation Technology : Servicing, you will work as a member of an Agile team with business and IT leadership to understand IT business strategy and their implication to application(s) under responsibility. Using your Java programming and development skills, you will work on development initiatives related to Consumer and Community Banking.
- Accountable to Business and Technology Management for end to end application scoping, planning, development, implementation and post-implementation maintenance and support.
- Work with a team of experienced analysts and developers to translate business and technical requirements into application modules.
- Contribute to the development of models by providing design recommendations and developing and integrating programs per written specifications.
- Deliver software application modules using disciplined SDLC processes.
- Support the production environment by identifying root cause for critical system issues to ensure timely resolution and minimize impact to the business partner.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Java application development experience with Struts, Spring frameworks.
- Good knowledge of WebSphere applications server to troubleshoot performance issues.
- Strong experience with Webservices (SOAP and RESTFul), SOAP UI
- Strong SQL skills for analyzing DB stored procedures and writing PL/SQL functions
- Experience with Agile tools and technologies (Scrum, JIRA, and Confluence).
- Writing User Stories, participating in refinement discussions as well as sprint planning sessions.
- Strong debugging and technical troubleshooting skills, Knowledge of code testing techniques
- Experience with open-source test automation tools is desired
- Desired experience in Cloud Technology, Microservices development
- Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer)
- 3-5 years working within Agile teams
Minimum Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $70.00 per hour
- Oracle: 3 years (Required)
- Web Services: 5 years (Required)
- Java: 5 years (Required)
- SQL: 5 years (Required)
- Agile Software Development: 3 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19