SAIC’s HR Operations team is currently seeking a Workforce Data Analyst/Data Scientist to join its HR Analytics Team to provide data and analysis in support of HR functions. They will be responsible for performing human resource analytics work and providing analysis of various human resource programs and initiatives. This includes supporting the design, development and maintenance of inventory of reports and dashboards. This position will support the overall HR strategy and initiatives while facilitating and supporting HR transactional business processes.
Provide HR services related to metrics collection, analyses, and reporting support. The analyst will manage all components of people-based data – from storage, data management and processing to analytics to visualization. Specific duties include
- Administer assigned functions, such as recruitment, classification review, compensation studies, employment analysis, leave and benefits administration.
- Collect, validate, and conduct data analysis.
- Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval.
- Plan, design, and deploy the integration of new data sources to the business intelligence solution.
- Review detailed technical metrics performance data and validate that the content provided is accurate and correct.
- Analyze and validate metrics data coming from IT service tools (e.g., MS Excel and databases).
- Support trend analyses associated with performance results.
- Produce and validate applications developed along with necessary technical guides and user documentation as applicable.
- Design dashboards, utilizing best practices in creating data visualizations that instill complex data into accessible and actionable insights.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Apply an analytics-driven approach to surface unusual patterns or behaviors during case processing.
- Define sensible metrics to build descriptive, predictive and prescriptive model
- Collaborate with other vendors, stakeholders, and employees to collect data needed to aid decision-making.
- Maintain good configuration and data management methods
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, public administration or related field and two years of human resource experience; or any combination of education, training or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Prior HR generalist experience and/or SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Experience with requirement gathering and analysis, user stories, data cleansing, and dashboarding.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Human Resources and database structures.
- Experience querying data, data interpretation and report generation.
- Experience assessing business objectives, conducting gap analysis of existing versus needed capability, and identifying business requirements.
- Experience providing potential technical solutions to meet business needs and supporting analysis of alternatives for best fit.
- Able to provide recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives.
- Excellent writing skills and have an understanding of quality processes and procedures.
- Experience in Power BI, OBIEE, and data visualization tools to create and enhance dashboards
- Experience with Excel, R, SQL (Oracle preferred).
- Must be US Citizen