Yes, 10 % of the Time
Core Infrastructure S Operations Delivery team is seeking an IT Technical Project Manager reporting into Core Infrastructure Services Project Portfolio Head. The IT Technical Project Manager will be accountable for execution of key infrastructure delivery initiatives such as:
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Large scale data center migrations: Involves moving of non-production and production workload to the optimal location, while rationalizing the number of locations from which Citi hosts infrastructure
- Execute/deliver against key strategic initiatives supporting Cloud platforms, Storage, Voice, Network and Cybersecurity commitments.
- This candidate is responsible for managing initiatives, engaging and working with key business partners and driving to successful outcomes within a given timeline. This position will have primary focus on planning, execution and delivery of key initiatives.
- Project planning, execution, and control for risk initiatives
- Manage large, transformative initiatives that impact multiple Lines of Business and/or products
- Identifying and managing to the critical path and milestones of a schedule
- Identification of risks and issues impacting schedule and quality of deliverables with follow through on mitigation, resolution
- Responsible for managing all aspects of project progress and ensure timely completion and on-time delivery on commitments
- Adhere to Citigroup project management processes and procedures, ensuring highest standards for delivery and auditability
- Direct the communication of status and issues to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis
- Prepare and report project status on a regular basis, including metrics needed for various risk groups
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our missionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- Understanding of IT environments to include telecommunications, network, data centers and related technology applications
- Full understanding of Databases, Middleware systems, End User Computing, Operating Systems, Cyber-Security, SAN/NAS Storage. Knowledge in Mainframes a Plus
- Able to develop programs and framework required for design of metrics, analytical tools, benchmarking activities and related reporting for the identification of best practices
- Fluent in the Microsoft tool suite including SharePoint, Excel (Advanced), Word, PowerPoint (Advanced), Visio, and Project
- Certifications a plus – i.e., Cisco Network, Cloud, Agile Scrum Master, Storage NAS / SAN, Mainframe
- 8-12 year’s relevant technical and project experience in Financial Services with track record of success
- Strong project management skills/working knowledge of the techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs and resources in an agile and fast-paced delivery environment
- Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success
- Four year college degree in technology or related discipline
- Masters’ degree, MBA a plus or equivalent related work experience
- 8+ years of experience in technical project delivery management
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver effectively in ambiguity and minimal supervision
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to present to senior levels of management
- Execution oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams
- Experienced in engaging with project stakeholders, including the skills to effectively resolve conflict and establish strong relationships
- Proven track record in delivery of multiple parallel initiatives
- Proven track record of operational process change and improvement.
This role is located in Irving TX.