NURSE LEADER – Carew Med Surg Department at Parkview Randallia Hospital
This position is eligible for a $10,000 welcome bonus for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- must be accepting a position with a 0.6 FTE or higher.
- cannot be a Parkview rehire from a bonus-eligible position within the last year.
- cannot owe a balance on a previously paid Parkview bonus.
- cannot be a current Parkview employee in a bonus-eligible position.
The Carew Med Surg unit is located on the 2nd floor of the Carew tower at Parkview Randallia. This is a 24 bed Med Surg unit that tends to serve lower levels of acuity.
Responsible to develop an overall view of patients, family and caregivers by establishing strong partnerships dedicated to optimal care. The NL facilitates the delivery of optimal patient care by the healthcare team through delegation, facilitation, collaboration, critical thinking and prioritization. The NL is accountable for the management of care and the care environment by ensuring effective communication through all members of the healthcare team. Independently plans and provides excellent professional nursing care for patients in accordance with physician orders, established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, American Nurses Association Standards of Clinical Practice, Indiana Nurse Practice Act, and the ANA Code of Ethics.
Diploma in Nursing or an Associates in Nursing (ASN). Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) preferred. ASN graduate must obtain BSN within 3 years of hire date/transfer date or will not be eligible to continue in role. Coursework is to be completed outside of work hours. ASN nurses hired/rehired or transferred from a non-bedside position prior to 12/1/2017 are grandfathered into the role and not required to obtain BSN. Effective June 1, 2021, a BSN will be required upon hire.
Valid Indiana Registered Nurse license required. Must have current CPR at or above the Healthcare Provider level from the American Heart Association or be able to obtain during Parkview-provided orientation class. ACLS certification required within 1 year of hire. Parkview-provided certification classes offered.
Must have 2 – 3 years of RN experience in area of specialty where applying as Nurse Leader. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, assist with lifting 100 pounds. Lifting requirement may be heavier for specified departments. Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Compensation: Welcome bonuses offered. Relocation assistance embedded within Welcome bonuses.
- Loan Reimbursement / Tuition Assistance for continuing education offered.
- Benefits: Medical, dental and vision benefits offered as well as paid time off.
- Education: Clinical onboarding and orientation. Nurse Residency program.
- Growth: Professional nurse competency advancement program (STEPP Up).
- Recognition: Magnet recognition. Top 100 hospitals recognition. Advisory Board Workplace of the Year.
- Culture: World-class teamwork. Personalized health journeys for coworkers and family members.
Parkview Health · Carew MedSurg
Full Time Benefit Eligible, Evenings, 3p - 3:30a