**All interested candidates must have an active government Secret clearance**
An Engineer Project Manager is required to support Program Manager Maneuver Ammunition Systems (PM-MAS). The Engineer Project Manager will support the life cycle management of end-items managed by the Office of the Product Manager Medium Caliber ammunition. The Medium Caliber portfolio includes ammunition integrated with ground, air, and sea platforms.
The position requires the analytical understanding of acquisition and engineering management as it relates to RDT&E/Production program strategy formulation, contract construction and execution, systems engineering & integration, risk management, and test & evaluation. Extensive multi-organizational communication and coordination is required to include interfacing with the Army’s Cross Functional Teams in support of the CSA’s modernization initiatives. This position will support one or more of the Army’s emerging air bursting munition programs.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with at least (5) years of experience in executing projects.
- Must have experience and skills necessary to perform the following tasks (1) organize, direct, and coordinate planning and implementation of all engineering support activities, 2) interface with Government personnel, 3) formulate and review project feasibility studies, determine, costs, ensure conformance to work standards, 4) interpret policies, purposes, and goals of the organizations for subordinates, 5) manage systems safety studies, acquire and utilize company resources to achieve project technical objectives. Responsible for the technical aspects of each project. Familiar with probability, reliability, statistical analysis methods, sampling and test and evaluation techniques, data collection and applicable regulations and standards.
- Must have experience and skills necessary to perform the following tasks: 1) primary contributor in application of engineering and scientific principles to meet technical requirements, 2) development technical concepts, plan for implementation, monitor technical progress, design tests, assess performance data, and develop solutions to technical problems, and 3) author, edit and contribute to production of technical reports and other technical products, such as overall project concepts and descriptions, test plans and technical requirements.
- Plans, coordinates, and distributes meeting announcements to the munition program IPT members. Present an information overview at these meetings and publish meeting minutes and track action items until complete.
- Participates in the development of Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP), Performance Specifications (P-Spec) and other Milestone documentation.
- Attends PM MAS ammunition test events as required to provide engineering expertise.
- Attends In-Process Reviews (IPRs), technical meetings, reviews, and discussions between the various government agencies and munition contractor developer as required.
- Participates in support of the User and PM MAS as a member on the Test and Evaluation Working Integrated Product Team (T&E WIPT) for Developmental Items.
- Assists in developing and maintaining assigned briefing and information packages, and other routine and informal reports, as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- active government secret clearance (Required)