Applicants MUST apply directly on the BMW Group Career Page for consideration:
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
The Solution Architect Tech Lead is an essential role in the BMW of NA Digitalization team. In this role, the Solution Architect Tech Lead will design the application architecture for specified projects to meet security, performance, reliability, reusability, scalability, and maintainability requirements. Project work includes participating in and designing solution options to existing platforms, systems, applications and microservices. Where applicable, the Solution Architect Tech Lead will architect, design/develop, and oversee implementation of the end-to-end, integrated solution. This individual will also be involved in the design and implementation of new technology and platforms. The Solution Architect Tech Lead must be able to work with cross functional teams, including Product Owners, Database Engineers, Delivery Teams, IT Security, DevOps, and Infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop technical solution (including application architecture, solution design, deployment architecture, integration design etc.) for software projects based on product specifications
- Define best practices, design standards and coding standards to be followed by dev/ops team to make technical delivery consistent across projects
- Develop solutions using latest cloud-based technology stacks and provide strategy/roadmap for upgrading tech stack for existing products/solutions
- Coordinate with product managers in defining project scope and possible approaches to fulfil business requirements
- Oversee software development team in developing and testing software applications
- Participate in design, code and test plan reviews and walk-throughs as needed and provide appropriate design recommendations
- Propose most effective architectural solutions in accordance with BMW’s technology and architecture standards to achieve cost, quality, and schedule requirements
- Interpret business, technical, regulatory, and architectural requirements in researching and recommending solutions.
- Support dev/ops team to design prototypes, POCs and to validate application functionality
- Develop and document the approach to handle non-functional requirements such as performance, scalability, security, and availability
- Research and investigate performance bottlenecks in AWS-hosted web applications, including performance degradation
- Review the accuracy of the release notes and technical documentation through collaboration with the applications development areas.
- Supports operational excellence goals through strong operations knowledge
- Resolves escalated support topics as part of tier-3 DevOps role to ensure the highest availability of critical applications
- Leads the preparation, improvement and documentation of standard operating procedures and protocols as well as required system documentation
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and apply for the Solution Architect Tech Lead position today!
- BA/BS degree in Business, Information Technology, Engineering or the equivalent of 4 years of experience in the management of information technology application development, maintenance and support.
- 7+ Years of demonstrated success in Information Technology, with at least
- 5+ Years in a solution architect or senior level software engineering role
- 3+ Years architecting complex systems across enterprise wide, cross functional landscapes
- 3+ Years working in Agile projects
- Experience in software engineering and understanding of software architecture concepts for Cloud based environments, user experience design and test driven development, test automation and continuous integration and deployment, Rest API and other service oriented architecture approaches
- Excellent experience and proven success with Cloud Native Computing, especially AWS
- Excellent experience and proven success with container and orchestration technology architectures leveraging Docker & Kubernetes in public cloud
- Excellent experience and proven success designing and implementing micro-service architectures
- Excellent knowledge of Agile concepts and DevOps tooling and automation– Jenkins, Nexus, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jira, Confluence
- Proven experience and knowledge implementing solutions designing and securing webservices and API’s
- Proven experience in Test Automation frameworks, e.g. Selenium and Cucumber
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders and dev/ops team to design and deliver technical solutions
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and related interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of the software development life-cycle and agile methodologies
- Required technical skills: J2EE, Amazon Web Services, Terraform/Cloud Formation, EKS, Git, Jenkins
BMW NA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $119,000.00 - $140,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677