Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
- Cashier/Checker is responsible for being visible and actively greeting, engaging and assisting customers.
- Cashiers process customer transactions through the check lane quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Checkers understand the Point of Sale (POS) system, and handle various tenders such as Cash, Checks, Credit, Debit, SNAP EBT, Offline SNAP EBT, WIC, Rain checks, complex loyalty offers, coupons and checkout procedures according to company policy.
- Checker needs to understand and adhere to the company's limits on cash shortages and/or overages and work honestly and effectively to control loss.
- Cashier needs to understand and adhere to guidelines on restricted sale items (Alcohol, Tobacco, DVDs)
- Report pricing discrepancies to the Scan Coordinator.
- Follow established policies and procedures (where applicable) for postage stamps, gift cards, and coupons.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions, accidents, or issues and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Customer service experience
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Customer service experience
- Prior experience as a Bagger or Courtesy Clerk
Based in Hutchinson, Kansas, Dillons merged with The Kroger Company in 1983. Today, we’re proudly serving Dillons customers in over 60 stores throughout Kansas.
As part of the Kroger family of companies, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. With a history of innovation, we work tirelessly to create amazing experiences for our customers, communities AND each other, with food at the heart of it all.
Here, people matter. That’s why we strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help feed your future by providing the value and care you need to grow. If you’re caring, purpose-driven and hungry to learn, your potential is unlimited.
Whether you’re seeking a part-time position or a new career path, we’ve got a fresh opportunity for you. Apply today to become part of our Dillons family!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
Expected hours: 20 – 39 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Are you 18 years of age or older? Yes or No only please.
- What is your current 5 digit zip code?
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person