Merakey is currently seeking SAP Counselor to join our Childrens Behavioral Health Division in our Colmar, PA location.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee .
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
- Develop, enhance, and maintain a positive relationship between NHS and the school district.
- Facilitate individual and small group support services/psycho-educational services to students.
- Provide verbal and written feedback on assessments to the school when authorized to do so.
- Provide consultation to the school on relevant mental health and drug/alcohol issues.
- Participate in weekly SAP meetings in the school. Provide feedback and clinical observations regarding students referred to SAP program.
- Participate in parent/teacher/counselor meetings as requested to provide clinical input regarding students referred to SAP program.
- Liaison between community and school to identify resources and community services available to students and parents.
- Work with families to access services and resources.
- Refer high risk students for assessment of acute services, as needed.
- Provide consultation to schools for students in crisis.
- Facilitate classroom and faculty presentations, as requested.
- Attend monthly business meetings and supervision at NHS, as scheduled by supervisor.
- Maintain an ongoing record of all services provided, including individual, group, team, and parent meetings.
- Complete required documentation of services on timely basis, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of program manager.
- Masters degree in a behavioral science discipline from an accredited university, knowledge of child/adolescent development and experience working with adolescents, children, families with mental health, drug and alcohol, and other emotional problems.
- Pennsylvania Childline clearance required. Formal education in counseling techniques required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a clinical or school setting required.
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at sabina.tobak @merakey.org.
Requisition Number: 43379
MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $30.00 /year
- providing classroom lesson: 1 year (Preferred)
- Counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with elementary aged students: 1 year (Preferred)
- classroom management: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: