Price Benowitz, LLP is a mid-sized law firm headquartered in Washington, DC with offices and attorneys throughout Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. The firm handles many areas of law including criminal defense, personal injury, medical malpractice, immigration, trusts and estates, family, OFAC, business transactional and whistleblower law.
Our firm was built on the understanding that comprehensive representation does not begin and end in the courtroom. We know that just having sound legal counsel does not translate to a comprehensive and satisfactory experience for a client. We want our clients to be satisfied with their choice of firm, not just in their choice of attorney. Our client service and support staff are dedicated to making the experience of retaining an attorney as smooth as possible and ensuring that no client ever has a question or concern that goes unanswered. It doesn’t matter how good an attorney is if they don’t pay close attention to the wants and needs of the client. We want to make sure that each of our clients is as happy with the experience they have with our firm as they are with the ultimate result in his or her case.
Price Benowitz, LLP currently has an opening for a criminal defense law clerk to join their criminal defense team at their Fairfax location. This is a great opportunity for a recent law school graduate or a current law school student that is interested in criminal law. This position allows the candidate to obtain experience conducting extensive research and writing for a wide range of caseloads consisting of misdemeanors and felonies. We are committed to hiring candidates that are passionate about helping people, have a 'no job too-big or too-small' mentality and understand that a person's experience with the firm does not begin and end in the court room.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings.
- Researches law by studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning; preparing legal memoranda.
- Assembles case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and evidence.
- Assists with trial preparation by preparing trial briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and motions.
- Assists with maintaining files and databases.
- Assists with other essential functions of the firm.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be at least a 2L
- Completion of Evidence and Criminal Procedures is preferred
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have a proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Virginia Criminal law is a plus.
Job Type: Part-time
- Law Clerk: 2 years (Preferred)