Management and Marketing Assistant for Veterinary Hospital - Leesburg VA
We are seeking a superstar assistant to work in our Leesburg, VA veterinary hospital as an Assistant to the Hospital Coordinator. Our hospital is the premier emergency and specialty veterinary hospital in our region and as we continue to expand - we need you!
Job Duties for this position are varied - from administrative and hospital maintenance tasks, outside clinic visits, and public events, social media, and training classes - you will help us with it all!
Ability to multitask, positive outlook, and enthusiasm are essential. This position requires high attention to detail, able to follow through, and complete projects independently and above all, a great attitude. Applicants with veterinary, customer service/sales, hotel/restaurant experience are encouraged to apply!
The primary job duties and requirements are listed below.
* Please send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration *
Job hours can vary - 2-3 days per week, 15 - 20 hours. The schedule can be flexible to a degree. M,W,F or Tu,Th for example.
Must have valid driver's license, reliable car and insurance.
All potential new hires are required to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Our new team member will assist with the following as needed:
- build awareness and attendance for continuing education events for local veterinarians via Constant Contact database and visits to local veterinary offices
- help plan education and training events - including yearly calendar, registration, set up, catering orders and attendance records and sponsorship agreements
- set up and plan for off-site events for pet owners - ordering and inventory of supplies, marketing materials and promotional items
- update Facebook, YouTube and Instagram accounts with branded, timely and appropriate content
- update Wordpress website (will train!)
- maintain marketing and advertising calendar
- plan and organize events for hospital team members - lunches, BBQ, employee appreciation etc.
Hosptial Administrative/Maintenance Duties:
- scheduling maintenance for building and equipment - scheduling appointments with service providers - Heating and A/C, Plumbing, Handyman etc.- Follow up as needed on orders, the status of repairs and invoicing/billing.
- ordering supplies and inventory for cleaning crews, coffee stations and general maintenance items
- run nearby local errands as needed - Costco, Staples, Home Depot
- organize and maintain contracts with suppliers and vendors
- organize and submit invoices and receipts to bookkeeping for payment/records
- general office duties as assigned - emails, scanning, filing and organization
Solid organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
Experience with basic office functions as well as: Microsoft Word and Excel - Canva, Constant Contact, Facebook and Instagram a plus
Accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Excellent people and interpersonal skills
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Ability to communicate effectively - excellent reading and proofreading skills
Flexibility - Projects and tasks can vary!
Can stay calm and efficient during a crisis
Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying boxes 40 pounds (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting boxes over 40 lbs). Ability to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch and more.
Hourly Rate: $16.50 - 18.00 to start/ based on experience
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.50 /hour