Our company is a service-oriented business enterprise headquartered in Columbia, Maryland. Our customers depend on our ability to strategically deliver information technology solutions to a diverse portfolio set of U.S. Federal, State and Local Governments. Our company provides a variety of premier government-oriented web hosting, cyber security, information management, cloud solutions, and helpdesk services as a standard set of service offerings.
IT-CNP, Inc. has an opening in the Project Management Office for a paid Internship position. The length of the Internship is between 3 and 6 months, determined on a case-by-case basis. The ideal candidate for this entry-level position will be able to work 20-40 hours per week during the school year and full time (40 hours per week) during the summer. The qualified candidate will join an organization that relies on strong teamwork and furthers individual growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with IT-CNP’s project management office, technical sales support team, marketing team, and executive team.
- Focus on delivering a polished professional experience to everyone, including customers, colleagues, partners, vendors and the greater community.
- Participate in account planning and execution necessary to create awareness, develop and pursue leads, build relationships with key executives, and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with software and government contracting partners to identify opportunities and support partner sales teams in all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Participate in planning and executing of marketing campaigns.
- Participate in basic customer engagement and communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess both an entrepreneurial spirit and an interest in federal government technology trends.
- Strong aptitude for and interest in technology, and a strong desire to continue to learn.
- Strong customer focus and values engaging with customer to help them succeed.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and stakeholders, while performing well under pressure with great attention to detail.
- Must be able to apply open ended problem-solving methods and critical thinking skills to all tasks.
- Willingness and ability to share knowledge with others.
- Motivation and drive to learn and improve.
- Ability to pass background check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Professionalism with good attitude and willingness to learn.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively via phone and email.
- Organization and time management. Follow direction with minimal guidance.
- Must have strong typing skills.
- Focused, self-managed, and hands-on approach to work.
- Experience in customer service.
- Microsoft Office application suites, primarily – Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint. Any programming language, SharePoint, and knowledge of other collaboration suites would be beneficial but not required.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions issued in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The candidate is expected to currently be enrolled in an accredited college/university in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Systems, Business Information Technology, Business Management, Marketing, related technical discipline or science.
HOW TO APPLY
All submissions must include a cover letter identifying reasons/qualifications of why candidate should be considered for this position. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Helpdesk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Visio: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)