Amarin seeks to fill certain positions following results of its CVOT known as REDUCE-IT. Such results are anticipated prior to the end of September 2018. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply prior to REDUCE-IT study results.
Amarin Corporation plc (Nasdaq:
AMRN), is a multinational biopharmaceutical company focused on commercialization and development of therapeutics to improve cardiovascular health. Amarin markets and sells Vascepa® (icosapent ethyl) directly in the United States and has begun licensing Vascepa for international development, with collaboration partners in place in China, the Middle East and Canada. Vascepa has generated rapidly growing U.S. revenue expected to be in excess of $200 million in 2018. Vascepa has been shown in two phase 3 trials to lower triglycerides and have other favorable effects on other markers of cardiovascular risk, with a safety profile comparable to placebo. Vascepa is in the late stage of a cardiovascular outcomes study designed to determine the drug’s effects on cardiovascular risk reduction in a high-risk patient population after statin therapy, an unmet need for millions of patients, and a potential multi-billion-dollar opportunity for Amarin. Plans are underway for significantly expanding Amarin’s promotion of Vascepa while increasingly evaluating other product opportunities. Amarin is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. In the U.S., the company's office is in Bedminster, New Jersey. For additional information, please visit www.amarincorp.com.
The company’s U.S. entity, Amarin Pharma Inc, is seeking a Regional Business Manager (RBM) for the Cleveland, OH Region which includes Mansfield, Toledo ,Youngstown and down to Marietta. The Regional Business Manager will lead, inspire and develop a team including Sales Professionals, Sr. Sales Professionals and if applicable Key Account Managers, managing approximately 9 - 11 employees, in promoting Vascepa to general practitioners, specialists and other healthcare professionals in compliance with internal policy and applicable laws/regulations. The RBM will develop and deliver the sales strategy and serve as a key information holder regarding the marketplace and thus, be able to react appropriately to that market as needed. The RBM will deliver sales results per assigned quarterly goal and manage regional metrics, issues, staff and customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a market expansion in a growing entrepreneurial-minded team-oriented environment, where sales performance and territory ownership are paramount. Amarin offers competitive base pay, uncapped quarterly incentive compensation, comprehensive employee benefits including stock options and auto allowance program.
Candidates must possess a 4-year college degree and have 5 years of successful pharmaceutical sales experience, with 4 years plus of proven success as a Regional Business Manager/District Manager preferred.
- 4-year college degree (B.A., B.S. or equivalent).
- Proven pharmaceutical sales management success; and strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to motivate a sales force as demonstrated by previous proven success.
- Residence within the geographic region is required
- Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass background, motor vehicle and drug screen investigations.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel within region for field ride-alongs. Some overnight or weekend travel may be required.
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this role.
- Previous cardiovascular or metabolic sales management experience strongly preferred.
- Current relationships with key physicians in the region.
- Experience selling in the triglyceride / cholesterol / diabetes markets.
- Understanding of the cardiovascular sales environment and its challenges.
- Deep understanding on how to sell in a crowded market place, with a focus on lipid management and new testing methodology.
- Demonstrated understanding of the cardio sales environment and its challenges.
- 4+ years of Pharma Management experience.
- Sales Training experience.