About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule, with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT, headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The Director of Football Operations reports to the Head Coach and is responsible for planning, scheduling, and managing football team operations.
This position will be the liaison to athletic department areas, business units and league level football operations personnel. They will be responsible for communicating league level information to all players and coaching staff as needed.
What you will do
- Coordinate cross-functional business units requiring access/attendance of coaches and players.
- Coordinate logistics for football-related activities (timing, location, etc.).
- Manage player attendance at mandatory events.
- Disseminate league level information to the team (e.g. ensuring coaches/players are in attendance for local sponsorship events/requirements).
- Provide general knowledge of the city/area surrounding the stadium and practice facilities.
- Manage local issues/concerns of players and report to appropriate team/league personnel accordingly.
- Deliver local questions and concerns to league level staff where appropriate.
- Be the main point of contact between video, training, equipment, strength and conditioning staff and the head coach as well as other team level employees.
- Coordinate all aspects of football operations for the head coach (travel, practice, scouting, offseason program, training camp, team or league discipline).
What you will bring
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Experience in a football program.
- High-level organizational skills with excellent project management skills.
- Flexible and adaptability to change.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and ability to learn and use institutional software systems.
- A self-starter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization.**