FM Newsradio 100.7 KXLY 920 is part of the KXLY Radio Group, a Morgan Murphy Media company. We are a family-owned, people first business located in Spokane, Washington, and our community is at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
FM Newsradio 100.7 KXLY 920 is Spokane’s News, Traffic and Weather Station. We are looking for a solid Program Director and on-air talent for our morning news show that runs Monday – Friday. In addition to time spent in the studio, you will be out in the community at events and client remotes meeting our amazing listeners which can take place outside of your normal work day. If you can demonstrate superior leadership, on-air, and social media/digital content skills, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Direct responsibility for the overall sound of your radio station
- Develop creative and unique content, promotions and multi-media strategies
- Balance the station’s vision with the needs of the business
- Extend your brands in the marketplace and understand the significance of that for station performance
- Understand the right balance of topics, news and lifestyle for the target and consider social networking and digital platforms as the key to the future and leverage that to the station’s advantage
- Foster an environment of on-going creation and implementation of dual-purpose ideas that grow ratings and revenue
- Win in a competitive landscape and set high standards for the station and staff
- Develop solutions for issues and problems, then execute them
- Have a sense of team across all Morgan Murphy stations
- Attend periodic department meetings, including programming and sales meetings as requested
- Spend time each day doing daily show prep
- Do commercial production daily/as necessary
- Host Morning drive radio program and be live on air 5am to 9am Monday – Friday
- Work with nationally syndicated programs for proper execution and producing localized imaging and content
- Responsible for all aspects of station lineup, including syndicated talent
- Responsible for management of any additional live, local shows including weekend shows
- Execute and host off-site live broadcasts and station events, whether originated by sales or programming, including set up and tear down
- Daily social media strategic implementation before and during your show
What you’ll bring:
- Successful experience as broadcast show host required; news/talk preferred but not required
- Experience voice tracking or going live on one or more KXLY Broadcast Group radio stations when needed (vacation relief, sick days, in case of emergency, etc.)
- Prior experience developing and executing local service elements of station, i.e. local news, weather, traffic, alerts, road reports, etc.
- Copywriting skills and experience with Wide Orbit Adobe Audition
- Previous experience with technical platforms for broadcast delivery
- Ability to demonstrate the importance of the relationship between our station and the community we serve
- Proficiency with both in studio and production rooms
- Ability to work with station “voice” to keep station’s imaging fresh including timely promos for upcoming events, contests and promotions
- College Degree preferred
What KXLY Radio Group offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Excellent training to promote success in your role
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
To apply on-line, go to: https://www.kxly.com/station/jobs-with-kxly and be sure to include your resume, cover letter and aircheck!
KXLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time