- Develop the engineering schedule & manage the resources.
- Review/Approve 3D CAD & 2D Drawings, develop & present designs to internal/external team members.
- Approve test reports and conduct reliability, risk and safety analysis.
- Manages product engineering, design and release for Front and Rear Center Consoles including
structures, Lids, mechanisms & mounting brackets.
- Lead timing, cost, weight, function and quality for complete Console module.
- Integrates and program manages engineering service partners for complete Console development
and CAE development. Coaches and mentors internal and external engineers and designers.
- CAD and CAE management in collaboration with vehicle integration.
- Plans for parts and assemblies timing alignment with overall program timing plan and mitigation
strategies as appropriate.
- Provide support with feasibility and section proposals to clearly instruct design/Engineering team with clear
direction of program direction.
- Maintains up-to-date BOM (Bill of Material) for all assigned parts.
- Perform feasibility checks with respect to material, manufacturing & design perspective.
- Well versed with ASME or relevant standard & methodology.
- Responsible for the final deliveries and quality.
- Provides updates on timing and program updates, roadblocks to management team as required.
- Experience with DFMEA and DVP&R’s.
- Verify styling theme feasibility (manufacturing, ergonomics, serviceability, safety & regulatory requirements)
- 10 plus years Front & Rear Console development experience required. OEM or major Tier 1
experience strongly preferred.
- BSME required, Master’s Degree preferred
- CATIA V5-V6 Release 2017 Experience Required, Expert Knowledge Preferred
- Cradle to grave vehicle Center Consoles experience starting from concept design up to post
launch support is a must.
- Dimensional Management and Dimensional Checking experience preferred.
- Strong people skills required. Team leader experience a must.
- Experience in Team Center / PLM
- Microsoft Suite knowledge required.
- Works well in cross functional team environment.
POSITION MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
LEAD ENGINEER – 10 years
CENTER CONSOLE OCCUPATION TYPE
WORKING AT INDI EV
Other than offering endless snacks and coffee, we provide our people with full
medical, dental, and vision benefits. Work/life balance is also key, so we offer solid
paid vacation time, and a compensated week off between Christmas and New Year’s.
All jobs are located onsite at our HQ in Los Angeles.
To apply for this job, send
your resume and portfolio