- Communicate and cooperate in a professional manner with peers, supervision, external and internal customers to maintain a safe and productive environment.
- Capable, and competent in clerical duties which support the specific function such as customer account research and interaction, data collection and organization, data entry, and issue resolution.
- Provides administrative, clerical and work process support within the Utility to field organizations such as engineering, distribution operations, customer service, customer service support, vegetation management or transportation work groups.
Preform duties associated with invoice preparation and payment, meeting and calendar management, and other routine administrative task.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management, including the senior most executives in the company
- Work safely without injury or accident.
- Read, understand and comply with Entergy Service Policy and Procedures as they are amended.
- Handle challenging customer issues and potential conflict situations with professional calm and demeanor
- Attend departmental staff meetings.
- Communicate (written and verbally) with customers on company policy, while seeking to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Review customer accounts via the customer accounting system (AIS/CCS).
- Prepare record of all customer-requested activities on the account.
- Interface with other departments and employees to satisfy customers' needs and complaints while maintaining department's productivity goals.
- Must be flexible and able to work under changing priorities.
- Ability to work additional required overtime.
- Ability to perform independently of direct supervision.
- Self-motivated and dependable team player
- Demonstrated acceptance of a diverse and inclusive work environment and customer base.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement and have the willingness to enact change.
Other assigned duties as necessary within the scope and consideration of minimum job requirements.
Knowledgeable in MS Office and computer skills. Strong CCS and/or Agent Information System experience. Strong, interpersonal and communication skills. Self-motivated and dependable team player.
Minimum education required of the position
Technical diploma or Associate Degree (or two years of a four year degree)
Minimum experience required of the position
- 2 years of customer contact experience in a professional environment.
- Effective written and verbal skills (including telephone etiquette)
- Must have intermediate oral and written communication skills with a good speaking voice with solid use of proper business grammar at all times
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office toolkit. Family levels above level 1 require demonstrated competencies with PeopleSoft time and labor, CCS/ACS. Knowledge of accounts payable systems and processes, and record retention requirements. Ability to manage assignments and deadlines from multiple sources. Ability to maintain composure during busy periods. Strong customer service skill set and
Ability to deal with difficult situations and difficult people in a professional manner. Demonstrated ability to perform data entry and utilize various computer functions and programs.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Must be available for 24 hour call out and extended hours as necessary. As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
All Other Jobs
NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings:
Up to 25%