The Data Entry Technician performs data entry of new and refill prescription orders received from centers. His/her goal is to achieve the highest degree of accuracy possible while maintaining acceptable production quotas as determined by experience and company policy. This is done while striving to see that his/her department achieves the company’s goals of superior customer service and reimbursement for goods and services.
The Data Entry Technician interacts with the other departments in the pharmacy in an effort to produce prescription labels for dispensing technicians and pharmacists on a scheduled basis according to predetermined delivery times. In addition, he/she carries out other tasks as requested in situations where hands-on intervention/participation may be required or as requested by appropriate supervisory staff.
- Input all patient pertinent information into the computer system checking entries for accuracy.
- Input medication orders (new or refill) into computer
- Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription
- Ability to enter new and refill orders and discontinue orders according to facility specific criteria(s)
- Communicate with physicians for refill approvals when necessary
- Keep current records pertaining to patient medication order updates and changes
- Understand all the dispensing systems used in the pharmacy and their implication’s for data entry
- Monitoring incoming order queues and input same into the computer in a timely manner
- Maintain knowledge of all pharmacy labeling requirements
- Maintain accuracy and productivity standards
- Courteously assists all customers, internal and external. Assists in answering telephones and provides excellent customer service on the telephone.
- Report any misconduct, suspicious, or unethical activities to the Compliance Officer
- Represent the pharmacy in a professional and courteous manner in all interactions with patients
- Route patient referrals to the appropriate department or individual(s) in the pharmacy.
- Determine correct resolution to patient complaints, take corrective action, and monitor results
- Abide by the company Drug Free Workplace policy. Drug screening is conducted at hire, or may be conducted company-wide, or on request upon reasonable suspicion.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Continuing challenges in this position are balancing accuracy with productivity, along with overtime and flexible schedule. May include acting as pharmacy technician.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Entry Technician: 3 years (Required)
- Triage Technician: 2 years (Required)
- CA State Board of Pharmacy (Required)