Applied Research Solutions (ARS) is recruiting STEM graduates for their Research focused on Avionics Cyber Engineering (RACE) Co-op program. This program will employ and compensate part-time Jr. Research Engineers at the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. While employed, students will earn a MS in a technical field with a thesis focused on cyber avionics. 100% of tuition costs will be paid by ARS.
- Support Faculty and Staff with research initiatives and center activities.
- Contribute to research initiatives by researching assigned topics, analyzing data, and summarizing findings.
- Support Cyber, Avionics, and Engineering courses and classes by creating and providing demonstrations, supporting other students’ research initiatives, and developing content
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Personnel supporting this requirement must have and maintain eligibility for a Common Access Card (CAC), including favorable completion of a National Agency Check.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Experience writing technical documents, documentation, and papers.
- Proficient in technical writing and effective verbal communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Air Force or DoD experience (requirement can be fulfilled by simultaneously pursuing a MS degree from AFIT)
- Acceptance into an AFIT designated MS program.
All positions at Applied Research Solutions are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.