Catholic Charities of Baltimore is a non-profit organization with a family of over 2000 employees of all faiths and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve. We are the largest private provider of human services in Maryland. On a daily basis we operate 80 charitable service programs throughout the state of Maryland, serving children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants, and seniors. Here, you can build a career where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach and work for justice.
The Associate Director, Corporate Relations is responsible for managing all strategies and activities for corporate donor engagement, cultivation and solicitation. Under the management of the Senior Director, Development Operations this position drives Catholic Charities of Baltimore corporate relations program to increase corporate investment and build key partnerships to support strategic priorities including revenue, volunteerism, stewardship and appropriate in-kind donations.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Design and implement strategic and operational plans for corporate major gifts, annual support, and sponsorships to achieve annual fundraising goals
- New business development - identify and create new partnerships with companies and individuals at all levels of the organization, including campaign coordinators, community affairs staff, leadership donors, and executive management.
- Analyze giving trends and identify opportunities for increased fundraising from portfolio companies.
- Maximize existing corporate relationships to become multi-year financial contracts at top giving tiers
- Participate and engage in networking events to build upon existing relationship as well as foster new relationships
- Be innovative about potential revenue generating opportunities with sponsor beyond special events
- Develop mutually beneficial and revenue-generating partnership and sponsorship opportunities with companies by linking Catholic Charities mission with a firm's corporate, marketing and philanthropic objectives
- Manage a portfolio of corporations and build a pipeline for additional supporters
- Steward current and prospective corporate donors through relationship-building activities as appropriate
- Work closely with volunteer program managers to maximize corporate engagement, steward existing donors, and solicit new funders from these areas
- Develop compelling sponsorship proposal detailing benefits, recognition, and activation packages; execute agreements, and ensure proper fulfillment
- Direct process of identification, evaluation, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate prospects and donors
- Identify and develop sector-specific campaigns and initiatives to engage Maryland's business communities (large, medium, and small)
- Develop a deep understanding of and strategy around "venture philanthropy" and "impact investment" space
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field and two to three years of professional fundraising, sales or marketing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated success in, fundraising, sales, solo practice or entrepreneurial start-up strongly recommended; managing/growing a portfolio for a major non-profit or corporate sector preferred.
A valid driver's license is required (if an out-of-state license, a Maryland license must be obtained within thirty days or hire), and a driving record must be provided showing no more than 3 points.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communicator, with the demonstrated ability to inspire through verbal and written communication and present a professional image.
- Ability to persuasively articulate values, stories and facts to multiple audiences, including group presentations
- Commitment to working in a collaborative team environment, while remaining self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional time management, organizational and problem-solving skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and willingness to experiment with new ideas
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Working knowledge of Raisers Edge and appropriate web-based applications and services.
Ability and willingness to perform the job in an ethical manner upholding the mission, vision, and values of Catholic
WORKING CONDIITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires intermittent sitting, standing, bending and the ability to move freely throughout the buildings including using stairs; travel between the office and nearby locations in a timely and efficient manager. Ability to lift approximately 25-30 lbs.
Position requires occasional evening and weekend work. Availability via cell phone and email beyond regular work hours, may be required.