Get to a Healthier Place!
The Sales Associate will be responsible for motivating and helping others improve their lives through health and fitness, though membership sales and retention.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Describe facility and explain use, operation, and care of equipment to customers.
- Recommend and select member options based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Answer questions regarding the facility and its offerings.
- Prepare sales agreements and maintain records and reports related to sales.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Demonstrate use or operation of equipment.
- Maintain a clean facility.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
Performing for or Working Directly with the Public / Selling or Influencing Others / Getting Information / Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships / Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Customer and Personal Service / Sales and Marketing / English Language / Mathematics / Active Listening / Persuasion / Speaking / Service Orientation / Negotiation / Oral Comprehension / Oral Expression
Dependability / Cooperation / Self-Control / Integrity / Attention to Detail
Requires a high school diploma. The lack of a diploma may be compensated with additional experience.
Hours & Compensation Structure
Part time position consisting of 15-20 hours scheduled within 7 consecutive days (Monday – Sunday). Working hours are scheduled according to the needs of the department and the company. Sales Associates are expected to work a flexible 15-20 hour week and are normally scheduled during peak days and times, while the manager is off-site, or when the manager is off duty.
Gross cash wages are equivalent to $9.00/hour payable, subject to statutory deductions, in bi-weekly installments not in advance; with graduated increases contingent upon regularly scheduled employment evaluations. There are no taxable benefits in connection with your employment. Contingent upon a positive review following the 90 day introductory period, the employee’s gross cash wage will increase to $10.00/hour.
90 Day Introductory Period:
The first 90 days of employment is considered an introductory period and will be used to verify the employee’s skills, capabilities, and suitability for Anytime Fitness. Likewise, this gives the employee an opportunity to evaluate Anytime Fitness as a place to work. During this time the employee will not be eligible for any benefits, unless stated otherwise in the Employee Handbook or by the District Manager. During the introductory period, as at any time during employment, the employee’s job may be terminated at any time without any reason without notice. Contingent upon a positive review following the 90 day introductory period, the employee’s gross cash wage will increase to $10.00/hour.
Tools & Technology
Desktop computers, Notebook computers, Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers, Laser Printers, Scanners, Photocopiers, Security cameras, Digital cameras, Point of sale POS terminal, Credit card processing machines, Calculators, Mobile phones.
Electronic mail software, Spreadsheet software, Word processing software, Accounting software, Calendar & scheduling software, internet browser, Point of sale POS software, Customer relationship management CRM software.