This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by performing massages for clients. The goal is to decrease anxiety and tension, decrease or minimize pain and increase overall well-being.
- Explains procedures and applies massage techniques appropriate to client needs, preferences, and order if applicable
- Educates and teaches patients/clients on benefits of massage
- Provides a soothing environment for massage
- Maintains client/patient confidentiality and sensitivity during client/patient interactions
- Assists in identifying quality improvement opportunities
Department Specific Duties
- Reviews patient history to optimize massage according to patient's needs
- Consults with appropriate clinical staff regarding treatment plans when necessary
- Documents all massage sessions per established guidelines
- Identifies ideas to market and promote services within the Women's Center
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Has knowledge of multiple massage techniques and ability to plan, organize and perform an effective massage session.
Has ability to develop ethical and therapeutic relationships with clients/patients.
Excellent communication skills and functions as a part of the multidisciplinary team.
Licensure, Certification, Registration
Iowa massage therapy licensure.
Basic Cardiac Life Support qualified. National certification in massage therapy preferred, but not required.
Location: Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids · Women's Center
Schedule: Part Time, Day, 20 hours a week between 9a-5p