Under the general supervision of the Admitting and Patient Registration Supervisor and Director, will maintain current knowledge of Hospital policies and procedures for effective. Orderly registration/admitting of all patients. Must be flexible with hours to cover vacancies and absenteeism and to assist as backup with other department duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Some of the jobs responsibilities but not limit to
1. Pre-Register/Register/Edit all inpatients and outpatients:
entering all demographics, insurance and etc. to patients account.
2. Verifying all insurances thru websites/calling insurance
3. Maintains patient confidentiality
4. Answering all incoming calls/Making outgoing Calls
5. Working all types of reports
6. Calling for insurance benefits
7. Obtaining insurance first initial referrals/authorizations
8. Collecting payments
9. Scanning documentation to Patients Record
10. Picture taking, Maintaining Cash Log
11. Completing Hospital Census
12. Other duties and special projects to be assigned by the Supervisor and/or Director as needed.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Excellent Costumer Services
- Must be a Team Player
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- A preferred minimum of one year of Insurance Knowledge
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associates Degree in business or Healthcare Field is preferred.
- Must be extremely comfortable with computers and using numerous systems to complete tasks.