Full-timeEstimated: $45,000 - $62,000 a year
Full Job Description
SCAD Savannah seeks a full-time performing arts professor to join a dedicated performing arts department and help students develop skills in a creative environment with emphasis on professional training for careers in film, television and theater.
In addition to leading a variety of courses, you will demonstrate model leadership, foster a positive learning environment, fulfill departmental duties and contribute to the university’s mission and strategic goals.
The Emmy-award winning SCAD performing arts program ranks in The Hollywood Reporter’s “Top 25 Undergraduate Drama Schools” and “Top 25 Film Schools.”
Named among the best small cities in the U.S. by Condé Nast Traveler, Savannah offers an inviting climate and a culturally rich downtown, providing a real-world workshop for the study of art and design. The university blends seamlessly into the local landscape and provides students with a dynamically layered learning environment in which to thrive.
– Terminal degree or its equivalent in performing arts or related field
– Film/television on-camera credits
– Ability to teach on-camera acting techniques
– Industry experience as an actor, director or casting director
– Ability to teach undergraduate students in fundamental performance classes
– Experience teaching acting at all levels is a plus
– SAG/AFTRA membership preferred
– Industry connections preferred