Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Health, Environment, Analytics, Resilience & Social Policy
Health, Research, Informatics and Technology
Are you passionate about improving quality of life through disease prevention, health promotion, and the care of chronic health conditions? Then consider ICF. We work at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges with behavior and disease surveillance and monitoring, research and surveys, training and technical assistance, and informatics and systems.
Job Description –Cancer Information Editorial Board Manager
The Health. Research, Informatics and Technology Division is currently seeking someone with an oncology nursing background to serve as the Oncology Board Manager to support our National Cancer Institute (NCI) Office of Communications and Public Liaison (OCPL) client in Rockville, MD . Our client is responsible for developing, maintaining, and refining information about cancer treatment, screening, prevention, genetics, supportive care, and complementary and alternative medicine for patients, health professionals, and the general public. To accomplish this goal, OCPL uses editorial boards and scientific review processes to create, revise, and update cancer information for inclusion in NCI’s Physician Data Query (PDQ) database ( http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cancerdatabase ). The information in PDQ is then distributed through NCI’s Cancer.gov Web site ( http://www.cancer.gov ) and other communication channels. This position plays a key role supporting these process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating activities for an NCI Editorial Board, comprised of cancer experts and specialists, for Cancer Information Summaries, includes working with the corresponding external Advisory Board. This work includes monthly board meetings that ensure the timely update of Cancer Information Summaries with recent advances in cancer research.
- Managing Editorial Board and Advisory Board membership including recruiting and orienting new Board members.
- Managing Board workflow using database and management systems, supporting the monthly literature surveillance process and other Board activities.
- Working closely with NCI Information Branch team, including the Branch Chief and other Editorial Board Managers as well as other NCI staff responsible for content on the NCI website..
Working closely with a support group of science writers and editors to ensure timely updating, editing, and publishing of Cancer Information Summaries and other NCI patient-focused content to Cancer.gov.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelors of Science, Nursing preferred or Masters degree in Nursing
- Clinical experience in the care and education of patients with cancer that may include screening, prevention, treatment, and symptom management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Team player with the ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and coordinate work with staff editors.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com .
Maryland Client Office (MD88)