The Personal Shopper is a highly engaged seller who is equipped to take care of Bloomingdale’s most valuable clients. This executive’s number one priority is to maximize sales and build long-term, high value relationships. The Personal Shopper is a fashion authority and skilled seller, and serves as a key store resource and leader for fashion education and selling techniques. Our Personal Shoppers provide the highest level of service to clients, assisting them throughout the store with all personal, home and gifting needs. Luxury products are their specialty. In partnership with the General Manager and Special Events Manager, the Personal Shopper builds community and personal relationships that drive good will and volume. They are the ultimate Bloomingdale’s brand ambassador. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Consistently provides a high-touch, personal experience; strong and consistent follow up to ensure satisfaction and offer additional service
- Services all shopping needs: personal wardrobe, family wardrobe, home needs, cosmetics and gifts. Anticipates needs and proactively reaches out to remind the client of occasions and holidays, and to suggest gifts
- Highly knowledgeable about alterations and fit; leverages the alterations service to drive sales
- Teaches clients how to edit, refine and style their wardrobes, both in the store and through in-home appointments
- Effectively manages time and productivity; utilizes available technology to maximize efficiency
- Expert in the features of the Bloomingdale’s app and teach clients how to use it; utilizes “wish list” with clients to share product likes
- Utilizes social media to stay aware of relevant fashion trends and pop culture; encourages user generated content by creating “post-worthy” experiences
- Provides clients with premium access to products. Utilizes all tools to secure product for the customer: search and send, special order tool, online look books; can easily sell merchandise not within their four walls
- Proactively seeks out product knowledge and has the confidence to sell luxury product
- Hosts fashion presentations and private events in their own store each season; trade areas able to leverage Shopper to host events in local stores
- Merchandise Personal Styling offices, demonstrating expert mixing of product
- Develops a luxury client interested in attending unique events
- Builds a relationship based on trust with each client
- Has strong ties to the community, particularly with local charities; establishes Bloomingdale’s as a strong supporter in the community that gives back while creating business opportunities
- Assists the General Manager in acquiring new high value clients through networking
- Serves as the store fashion leader, sharing trends and selling initiatives as a leader in the store
- Cultivates trusting relationships with product designers and buyers to secure limited availability product only available through Personal Shopping, especially luxury opportunities
- Cares about the overall service standard in the building, stops to assist or address clients’ needs throughout the store
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of selling experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to react and adapt well to changing priorities
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking.
- It also involves stooping, kneeling and crouching.
- May involve lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Leadership: Set clear expectations for leadership behavior and accountability for results
- Build powerful collaborative relationships. Strong follow–up skills and sense of urgency
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.