DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Providing Opportunity, Assistance and Care for Arizonans in need!
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS):
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
PROJECT OFFICE MANAGER
Division of Technology Services
1789 W. Jefferson
Phoenix, Arizona, 85007
This position will report to the Business Management Office Administrator of the Division of Technological Services (DTS). Will be responsible for the implementation of new Project Management responsibilities for the execution of strategy deployment, continuous improvement initiatives, enterprise level project management support for cross divisional IT projects, and end to end project management support for other priority projects within DTS. This implementation will include creation of new tools and processes aligned with business needs of DTS, on-boarding new Project Managers and Project Management Support Staff.
This role is also responsible for assigning Project Managers working for BMO Project Management Office on projects selected by Business Administration or Assistant director. PM Administrator is also responsible for oversight of Project Managers, their alignment with current Project Management processes and providing support and governance which will lead to successful project delivery. PM Administrator will work closely with finance, contracts, DTS PMO, DTS leadership, and divisional representations to ensure all phases of a project are successfully executed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Project Management - Full project life cycle ownership. Responsibility for successful project delivery including full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor projects simultaneously. Managing the day-to-day project activities and resources. Understanding interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs. Developing and managing all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change management, risks and issues.
- PMO Administration - Implementation of set of practices, processes, principles and templates for managing projects. Development of standard work for all PMO staff which will create baseline for efficient project delivery and transparency to all stakeholders of new project management process and allowing all project team members to work in process oriented, coherent and fair environment.
- Business Alignment - PMO Administrator is responsible to align all project management standards according all business needs of DTS and their stakeholders. Maintaining communication with key stakeholders and making sure that Project Management Office delivers the best value to DTS and their customers.
- People Management - While the PMO sets project management standards, it also must ensure they are followed by performing regular assessments of projects. This process adds feedback into the standards definition. PM Administrator is also responsible for on-boarding new PM Staff, their training, governance, support and professional growth.
- Senior Leadership Support - Providing Project Management related data to Senior Leadership. The PM will track the status of all projects in the organization based on updates from the project managers. They will standardize the way this information is compiled and reported to management. (Overall project status including risks, roadblocks, challenges, vital stats and other data.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management. Knowledge of the organization's methodologies and tools. Knowledge of organization's policies and procedures. Considerable knowledge of interrelationships among various internal and external organizational functions. Knowledge of project management standards, processes and tools. Business communication formatting.
- Strong project management skills. Critical thinking and innovation skills. Organization and problem solving skills. Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills. Strong customer service attitude and skills. Strong conflict management skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify & solve complex problems. Able to communicate efficiently and effectively with project team. Able to work with internal stakeholders solving complex problems and handling large scale projects. Synthesize complex business and financial data, and develop solutions. Work in a diverse team environment and participate as an active member of management.
- Bachelor's degree, technical field (optimal); Master's / Postgraduate degree (optimal); PMP Certification (optimal); 5 years Project Management experience; 1 year of leading Project Management Office /Department required
- Have a current, valid state issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employee is subject to driver’s license record checks and must maintain an acceptable driving record, valid motor vehicle insurance and registration, and must complete any required training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
- Apply for and show proof of receipt of a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card that meets Level One requirements
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees
- Successfully pass background and reference checks. Employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
The Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Sick leave
- Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Optional emplo yee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact 602-771-2932 for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-364-3981. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.