Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the "big guys." At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, First Data, that is the largest payments processor and merchant acquirer worldwide.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API's for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily.
To keep pace with our remarkable growth, we're scaling the product, technology and operations teams at Clover. We're looking for an amazing DevOps engineer who will take our build systems, and developer tools to the next level.
The Engineering team at Clover drives software releases across all segments of the stack. We are looking for a passionate, senior-level DevOps Engineer, who thrives in complex environments and is looking to make real impact with how we handle release process, tools automation, and ultimately our merchant experience. The ideal candidate has extensive DevOps knowledge and experience, and has previously managed modern cloud systems in a fast-paced, agile environment.
The specific focus for this role is on configuration, automation, and optimization of the development and partly production platforms including:
- Establish the continuous integration (CI) pipeline to fully automate the build and deployment of our highly available, mission critical cloud platform that supports all Clover products and services
- Create scripts and templates to build cloud-based development systems for our software engineers
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Work with Tech Ops and development teams on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration, sysadmin, scripting
- Strong experience in php, python, SQL
- Extensive experience managing and configuring public cloud providers, specifically Google Cloud and AWS
- Extensive experience with Dockers and containers
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with configuring and maintaining Jenkins and Jenkins Pipeline
- Knowledge of best-practice security and networking techniques for an Internet-facing system
- Strong experience managing distributed messaging through a broker such as Apache Kafka or similar
- Strong experience with git and gerrit. Prefer exposure to Phabricator
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission critical service