The Gordon Flesch Company is the largest independently owned office technology company in the Midwest, with almost 600 employees, and locations in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio. We’ve been providing exceptional office technology products and services for more than 60 years.
- Utilizing a consultative sales approach, identify prospects by cold calling, follow up with existing customers, network and promote lead activity.
- Perform needs analysis, prepare and present proposals, perform product demonstrations.
- Organize schedule for maximum productivity.
- Relationship build, staying aware of customers’ applications, needs and wants as a strategic partner.
- Follow up to insure customer’s satisfaction, promoting loyalty that will result in repeat business and referrals.
- Maintain knowledge of current products, product application and capabilities, product justification, and competitive product awareness.
- Know enough to be accepted and recognized as an expert in your field.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to corporate procedures and policies regarding pricing, deliveries, sales terms, forecasts, work hours, records, reports, vacation scheduling, and other relevant practices.
- Uphold corporate values as defined in company Mission Statement
- Communicate with our “internal” customers corporate-wide as required to accomplish overall sales objectives.
- Effectively cooperate with Corporate by utilizing home office assistance, advice and guidance as required or offered.
- Complete necessary paperwork to generate invoicing, equipment availability, and commissions.
- Maintain company and customer confidentiality.
- Document sales activity and track prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with High school diploma or GED
- 2 years previous business to business sales experience.
- Successful track record in selling and customer account management.
- High energy level; extremely motivated to succeed.
- Accountable for results; must be a self-starter
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interact with and work well with others in various fast changing environments/situations including strong networking and listening skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Able to motivate others through persuasion and leadership.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Able to maintain self-confidence and high self-esteem in tasks such as cold calling and prospecting.
- Able to effectively work independently or in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to reliable transportation
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)