This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies). If selected candidate is currently employed with UNC Health Care System, the candidate will remain on current payroll and benefits platform.
Practice Quality, Innovation and Population Health Services (PQI& PHS), a department of UNC Healthcare, is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to contribute to its mission of supporting the delivery of high quality care and the continuous improvement of health care processes using collaborative methods that leverage clinician and staff expertise.
This position supports the team responsible for Strategic Quality Improvement & Change Management Services for UNC Physicians. This team is engaged in work with strategic partners to improve the health care of all North Carolinians and to contribute to the satisfaction of our patients, providers, and colleagues.
The successful candidate will be a positive and enterprising team member who contributes to our positive work culture and lives out our Community Agreement and Values. He or she will be proficient with organization, project management, event planning, employee recognition, administrative duties, and communication.
1. Performs departmental or program purchasing administrative functions to include researching and recommending supplies and equipment to supervisor, expediting purchase orders and requisitions, and approving operational expenditures.
2. Supports the administrative needs of the System Director.
3. Serves as a resource for management and employees in the interpretation and application of a variety of policies and procedures. Refines, develops, implements and communicates departmental and health care system policies and procedures to employees. Investigates and resolves matters regarding specific operating problems.
4. Administers a recognition program to support team satisfaction and productivity.
5. Administers a department or program budget, including participating with management in the development of budgets and establishing fiscal goals and objectives. Monitors a variety of accounts, analyzes budgetary trends, prepares fiscal reports used by management in strategic planning. Advises supervisor on budgetary matters.
6. Develops, plans, and organizes team events.
7. Serves as human resources representative by ensuring compliance with HR policies and procedures, and serving as liaison with Human Resource Services for recruitment, retention, classification, compensation, and employee relations issues. Assists in screening and interviewing new team members.
8. Performs space allocation functions to include researching and recommending space reallocation, addition and renovation to supervisor, recommending vendors, and monitoring projects
9. Develops and/or revises work procedures and methods, including necessary forms design, trains employees in work procedures.
Primary office location is in Morrisville, NC. Some travel to local UNC affiliates may be required but mileage is reimbursed.