JOB TITLE: Education Program Specialist/Nurse Planner (Contract/Temp)
DURATION: Through September 2022 (with potential to extend further, pending grant extension)
LOCATION: Fully Remote Opportunity
This position has a primary focus on the ANA Grant work for Project Firstline, CDC’s National Training Collaborative for Healthcare Infection Prevention & Control (IPC). Create, source, implement, evaluate, and manage educational content and products that supports ANA Enterprise and subsidiary product management plans. Management of the Project ECHO tele-mentoring program with subject matter experts on IPC faculty. Educational content priorities are driven by the ANA Enterprise strategic plans and content map supporting nursing credentialing and program related activities. Manage all administrative, operational, and logistical processes and outcomes related to the development of educational products and services to ensure ANCC Accreditation Standards are followed in the role of nurse planner. Collaborates with Education Program Coordinators who serves as the primary contact for collaborating organizations, content experts, and external vendors regarding educational and consultative programs. Collaborate with staff across the ANA Enterprise to develop high-quality educational programs, products, and consultative services.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the content creation, as the source or with external subject matter experts, to manage the development of educational
- Lead the content creation, as the source or with external subject matter experts, to manage the development of educational content and products in the form of workshops, symposiums, conferences, on-line e-learning, webinars, national study groups, manuals/ monographs, blended learning, consultative services, and other emerging adult learning methods.
- Provide expert project management and evaluation for the delivery of educational and consultative products and services.
- Develops and executes nursing continuing professional development activities for all learning venues in accordance with Accreditation of Continuing Education standards. Manages the development, planning, and implementation of content programming (creation, acquisition, and delivery) supporting conferences and all educational events as scheduled.
- Initiates and maintains external collaborative relationships, partnerships, and sponsorships to increase product and service market share, increase revenue and decrease expenses.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ASSOCIATION:
- BSN required. Master’s degree in nursing, education, educational technology, informatics, business or a related degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in the application of adult learning and learning theory required. Related credentials in instructional design, e-learning/distance learning, project management, or product development preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related duties with responsibility for educational content creation and sourcing development/programming in health care, nursing continuing education programs, or consulting services.
- Knowledge of distribution modes supporting content delivery, web accessible and mobile applications, LMS and print-on-demand platforms with a global view of evolving nurse needs.
- E-learning/ virtual learning experience and demonstrated success in new program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Familiarity with technological software and hardware platforms that support management and educational delivery.
WHAT THE ANA BRINGS TO YOU
- Join us and become a “Nurse Advocate” for the more than 4 million Registered Nurses in the United States
- Every role within the ANA contributes to a healthier world through the “Power of Nursing”
- An organization that acts with integrity, respect, transparency and humility
- We embrace and empower the uniqueness of every employee; Bring your whole-self to work
- Continuously innovating through creative and strategic initiatives
About the American Nurses Association (ANA)
Founded in 1896, The ANA Enterprise is the family of non-profit companies that comprise the American Nurses Association: the American Nurses Association (ANA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Nurses Foundation. The ANA Enterprise leverages the combined strength of each to drive excellence in practice and ensure nurses’ voices and vision are recognized by policy leaders, industry influencers, and employers. From professional development and advocacy to credentialing and grants, the ANA Enterprise is the leading resource for nurses to equip themselves with the tools, information, and network they need to excel in their individual practices. In helping individual nurses succeed — across all practices and specialties, and at each stage of their careers — the ANA Enterprise is lighting the way for the entire profession to succeed.
*The above job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position nor a listing of the characteristics of the individual performing the job.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract