The Contracts and Proposal Manager’s main responsibility is to be the Point-of-Contact and owner of all Client Contracts for Arctic IT’s National Business Unit (NBU). This individual is also responsible for preparing sales proposals (SOW, RFP, RFI etc.) by determining concept, gathering and formatting relevant business information, writing drafts and obtaining approvals to deliver excellent technical documentation relevant to the Federal Government, Commercial and Tribal business sectors. It is expected that this individual will have an understanding of Arctic IT’s software solutions, have the ability to access the right internal resources to gather content as well as deliver excellent and accurate proposal frameworks.
- Reviews and validates all Contract award documents against Arctic IT proposal documents to ensure alignment with Terms and Conditions.
- Manages a repository of all NBU Contract documents.
- Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Works with Pre-Sales Solution Architects and other assigned resources to create Statement of Work documents.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key personnel.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate language; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Responsible for the completion and coordination of travel reimbursement requests and review of travel expenses to validate against travel policies as needed for delivery projects.
- Effectively communicates within the team, the company, and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent education and experience
- 3-5 years of Contract Management experience with Federal Government experience
- 3-5 years of technical proposal writing with government proposal expertise preferred
- Excellent business writing skills to develop relevant sales collateral
- Experience in writing, editing, design, layout, and proposal production
- Applicants subject to government security investigations and must meet eligibility requirements related to the clearance process.
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. Occasional travel may be required.
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
EOE AAP M/F/V/D
Except as provided otherwise under applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.