Become part of a stable and growing system of seven campuses in California and Nevada which is a leader in Medical Career Training since 1966.
North-West College is part of a stable and growing system of nine campuses in California and Nevada which is a leader in Medical Career Training since 1966.
*Visit http://www.success.edu/careers.html for more openings*
Our everyday mission is to train students in short term programs for gainful employment
Plans, teaches, directs, and supervises all student learning experiences in the classroom, skills lab, and clinical areas, following the curriculum of the school approved by the Accreditation Bureau.
This is a faculty position directly reporting to the Executive Director.
- Willingness to provide a professional role model for students
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrates pleasant and effective verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates integrity and progressive self-improvement.
- Eyecare Specialist Instructor helps students fit eyeglasses and contact lenses, following prescriptions from ophthalmologists and optometrists.
- You are responsible teaching student to maintain patient charts, obtaining patients' histories, patient screening, and selecting frames for prescription mounting and prescription verification. Additional duties will include you teaching them on scheduling customer appointments, administrative activities, ordering supplies and helping customers decide which eyeglass frames or contact lenses to buy.
- Qualifications and experience:
- Medical office experience
- Patient charting
- Proficiency with computers and other office equipment
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to excellent patient care
- Perform a wide variety of duties including providing chair side assistance to the doctors
- Maintained patient charts, performing pre-testing procedures, and maintaining written and verbal correspondence with outside providers
- Teaches and implements the total curriculum, as assigned by, and under the direction and supervision of your direct supervisor.
- plans and assigns student activities in the classroom and/or clinical settings.
- Is instrumental in identifying individual and collective learning needs of assigned students, being cognizant of the physical, mental and emotional status of the learners.
- Maintains records of student progress and performance, attendance and grades.
- Prepares, administers, and grades, written and practical examinations during course of study.
- Devises written lesson plans and implements them through lecture, demonstration, discussion, etc.
- Discusses with students their concerns and/or problems directly or indirectly related to learning experience.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with Program Director or her designee.
- Is responsible to assist the student to develop an understanding of values, attitudes, and ideals appropriate to the health care profession.
- Participates in the selection and preparation of instructional materials.
- Provides a professional role model for students.
REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION:
- 3 years’ experience in the field
- High School Diploma
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Optical: 3 years (Required)