ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Physical Requirements)
**Continued employment in this position is contingent upon:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Must have at least 6 months experience working as a cashier using US or Canadian currency.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to accurately perform simple mathematics calculations.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Must be able to stand up for four (4) hours at a time.
- Passing brand training during probation period
- Passing Food Safety test during probation period
- Reliable attendance at all scheduled shifts
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. *
Promotional priority period for Teamster employees runs from 5/14/2019 through 5/21/2019
The following list of duties does not include all possible tasks and responsibilities, nor limits the assignment of additional related tasks including tasks typically performed by a lower classification.
- Works as a barista, making coffee and specialty coffee drinks
- Operates POS system and complies with all cash handling policies
- Maintains service areas and stocks products when assigned
- Maintains product presentation throughout the day
- Completes food production records
- Assembles and serves products as assigned
- Maintains cleanliness of service and dining area including emptying trash, recycling and composting
- Operates blenders, coffee brewers, Turbo Chef oven and other small service equipment
- Assists in training and assigning tasks to student employees and new Junior Cashiers
- Puts away food and supplies
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position assists in general food production and dispensing service, including cashiering, following appropriate food safety and sanitation standards. This is a position that must be capable of operating a wide variety of equipment that produces both hot and cold food, meeting production standards and time lines. Provides excellent customer service.
**Due to the variations in the academic year, it is possible that this job will have a reduction of hours during breaks.**
Work Day & Hours:
Monday - Thrusday: 1:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
If you answer yes to all the questions for this position you must show the experience and detailed work history information on your application or resume in order to have your application referred to the hiring department.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.