ABOUT OREN'S AUTO BODY:
Oren’s Auto Body and Car Wash, a family business, has been proudly serving the Edgerton area since 1976. Oren’s takes pride in the work done for their customers. Customers appreciate Oren’s timely, seamless, and excellent service. Customer comments include “top of class”, “goes the extra mile”, “ethical and fair, “made a negative situation a positive experience.” Come join the team in this healthy, happy environment as an Auto Collision Tech if this describes your values, as well!
ABOUT OUR AUTO COLLISION TECHS:
Follow work order to remove, repair, and replace damaged components, assist in developing a repair plan, complete jobs such as cosmetic, welded panel replacements, unibody, frame and plastic repairs. Light to heavy repairs, including structural, replacement of rails, and use of a frame rack. Collision damaged vehicles are to be repaired according to manufacturer specifications and company standards. Use of various tools, including power tools to remove, repair, and replace parts. Fit and align parts and make final quality checks.
- Utilize auto body collision repair work order as a blueprint to remove, repair and replace damaged components.
- Participate in developing a proper repair plan for each vehicle.
- Start and finish light and heavy repair jobs, including, but not limited to, cosmetic, welded panel replacements, unibody, and frame repairs, and plastic repairs.
- Complete light to heavy repairs, including: structural, replacing rails, and use of a frame rack.
- Repair collision damaged vehicles according to manufacturer specifications and company standards.
- Restore body panels to smooth condition prior to refinishing with a focus on quality and timeliness.
- Use a variety of power tools correctly and safely during the repair process.
- Use appropriate tools, including power tools, and equipment to remove, repair, or replace damaged parts.
- Fit and properly align replacement parts in the repair process.
- Make quality checks of work to ensure the vehicle looks and functions to original factory specifications.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess own set of tools.
- Ability to use a variable speed sander/polisher, welder and frame rack.
- Ability to use a computer to access the Internet and utilize email.
- Willingness to work in a structured environment and adhere to standard operating procedures and established processes.
- 2+ years of collision repair experience as a Body Tech in a production body shop.
- Possession of I-CAR or ASE Certifications helpful.
- Possession of a Valid Driver's License.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated work ethic, team oriented, flexible, detail-oriented, and focused on maintaining high level of quality repairs.
- Demonstrated ability to take self-initiative, handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, walk, use hands for detailed work, and reach with arms.
- Ability to occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
$42,000-90,000 - salary based on experience and individual production. Incentive bonus paid weekly based on individual production performance.
- Hourly pay based on experience and other qualifications. Bonus available.
- Health and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Uniforms
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Monday – Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,500.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Variable Speed Sander/Polisher: 2 years (Required)
- Collision Repair as Body Tech: 2 years (Required)
- Frame Rack: 2 years (Required)
- Welding: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- I-CAR or ASE (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Auto body repair
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Read manufacturer's drawings and manuals
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Drive manual transmission vehicles