The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Intern Architect careers provides you with an opportunity to work as part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive and coordinated team providing architectural support to the lead architect. Each day, you will participate in the architectural design process and help develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client. As an Intern Architect, you will also provide support for schematic design, design development, construction document phase, and construction phase activities. You should be a self-motivated professional with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, have at least four years of experience working on architectural projects and have the desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each new architectural design job.
Our Intern Architects:
- Provide architectural support for design of municipal/industrial facilities.
- Develop design criteria using International Codes, ADA, NFPA & OSHA.
- Apply fundamental architectural design principles to the development of potentially complex solutions to complex requirements.
- Utilize Sketchup, Revit, and Microstation software to create 3D models for conceptual visualization and construction documentation.
- Develop project specifications from master specifications.
- Review product or shop drawing submittals during construction phase.
- Develop design concepts with in-house engineers, constructors and operators.
- Engage in continuing development programs designed to broaden knowledge and sharpen skills.
- Contribute to a company dedicated to sustainable development practices.
- Participate and progress in NCARB Internship Development Program toward architectural registration.
- Use knowledge of sustainable design practices and LEED rating system(s) in support of project design requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an architecturally accredited university and the ability to become licensed
- 4 years of architectural design experience
- Knowledge and experience in preparation of preliminary design documents and contract documents (including construction drawings and specifications)
- Knowledge and experience in selecting building materials for municipal/industrial applications
- Experience performing building code analysis
- Previous experience reviewing contractor submittals and providing construction follow-up
- Basic 2D & 3D computer graphic skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Proficient in using Microsoft software tools such as MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- 3D computer graphic skills using Sketch-Up and Revit.
In addition to the basic qualifications the following are highly desired:
- Professional Registration (AR)
- 7 years of architectural experience in the design of municipal/industrial type facilities
- LEED Accredited Professional
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jun 5, 2019, 5:26:09 PM