JOB SUMMARY: The Receptionist/Scheduler will provide the full scope of reception and administrative office support services to the practice.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES / CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and directs visitors/patients courteously and professionally.
- Obtains, verifies and/or updates patient demographic information.
- Collects co-pay and copy of the patient’s insurance identification card.
- Assists with answering and screening calls and the triaging process of all incoming telephone calls for urgent information or services. Schedules appointments and records and forwards messages as required.
- Responds to requests for routine information or assistance within scope of knowledge and authority and refers visitors to appropriate staff members as necessary.
- Maintains strong current knowledge of policies and operating procedures.
- Initiates calls as requested by Physician, Office Manager or other professional staff.
- Responsible for opening/closing office duties as needed.
- Photocopying, faxing, and distributing documents as required and in a timely manner.
- Maintains order of document processing area /supply closets, notifying Office Manager of the need to order supplies, ensuring all supplies are distributed upon receipt and kept in their designated areas.
- Maintain copy machines, ensuring all supplies are on hand; call for repair when required.
- Responsible for the management of incoming and outgoing departmental mail; dating as required, sorting, distributing and generating responses as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ongoing commitment to customer service excellence and supports the customer service plan.
- Practice and adhere to Stamford Health’s “Code of Conduct” philosophy, SHMG’s Standards for Service Excellence and organizational values of: Teamwork, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Accountability.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
- Complies with departmental organizational policies and procedures and adheres to external agency requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of three years of related front office experience required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written English proficiency required
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision within the scope of knowledge and authority of the position.
- Computer skills required (MS Office Word and Excel).
- Solid phone/customer service skills.
- Knowledge of office equipment operation (hospital computer system, telephone system, fax machine, copy machine, etc.).
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to perform complex administrative tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and at times hectic environment.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour